News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

In all fairness you never had to face what they have to face, Mart.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on February 25, 2016, 06:01:25 AM
In all fairness you never had to face what they have to face, Mart.

He's had people be mean to him online.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Quote from: Brazen on February 25, 2016, 04:22:19 AM
Boston Dynamics' next-generation humanoid robot. Ex-military company now owned by Google X. Watch from 1:20 onwards – that guy's just triggered the Rise Of The Machines! "Don't be evil"? Yeah, right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

We'll pay for that someday.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

Boston Dynamics' next-generation humanoid robot. Ex-military company now owned by Google X. Watch from 1:20 onwards – that guy's just triggered the Rise Of The Machines! "Don't be evil"? Yeah, right.

Of all the shapes that they could have chosen for the robot, they picked the two-armed, two-legged variety.  I wonder why.

Eddie Teach

They should have picked one with four arms, like a Hindu god.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Monoriu on February 25, 2016, 08:30:35 AM

Of all the shapes that they could have chosen for the robot, they picked the two-armed, two-legged variety.  I wonder why.

They would have picked three-legged, but I hold the copyright.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2016, 05:40:09 AM
So, apparently Milo Yiannopoulos is hosting an event at University of Michgan and the official website of the university posted this:

QuoteIt has come to our attention that an event titled, "Does Feminism Have a Free Speech Problem?" is taking place this evening on our campus. We recognize that the rhetoric of the speakers featured in this event is incredibly harmful to many members of our campus community. The Spectrum Center will be providing a supportive alternative space this evening and holding extended staffed hours until 9pm. There will be no program; our intent is to offer a relaxing, positive space for students who want to gather in community.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Full story here: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/24/another-group-therapy-session-for-students-following-milos-umich-visit/

If presence of a speaker with whom you disagree "threatens your mental health" and you are an adult and not institutionalized, perhaps it's time to consider whether your atoms cannot be disassembled so Mother Nature could put them to better use...

Seeing a lot more of this these days.  Wonder how bad it will be by the time my kids are in college.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

:lol:

Josquius

:yes:
When the robots rise up they will point to the infamous video of the douche with the  hockey stick as the reason why
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on February 25, 2016, 12:04:25 PM
When the robots rise up they will point to the infamous video of the douche with the  hockey stick as the reason why

Hopefully they will be intelligent enough to realize that only the hockey players should be eliminated.

PDH

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2016, 12:05:34 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 25, 2016, 12:04:25 PM

Hopefully they will be intelligent enough to realize that only the hockey players should be eliminated.

Being human is a gateway to hockey playing.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on February 25, 2016, 10:05:03 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2016, 05:40:09 AM
So, apparently Milo Yiannopoulos is hosting an event at University of Michgan and the official website of the university posted this:

QuoteIt has come to our attention that an event titled, "Does Feminism Have a Free Speech Problem?" is taking place this evening on our campus. We recognize that the rhetoric of the speakers featured in this event is incredibly harmful to many members of our campus community. The Spectrum Center will be providing a supportive alternative space this evening and holding extended staffed hours until 9pm. There will be no program; our intent is to offer a relaxing, positive space for students who want to gather in community.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Full story here: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/24/another-group-therapy-session-for-students-following-milos-umich-visit/

If presence of a speaker with whom you disagree "threatens your mental health" and you are an adult and not institutionalized, perhaps it's time to consider whether your atoms cannot be disassembled so Mother Nature could put them to better use...

Seeing a lot more of this these days.  Wonder how bad it will be by the time my kids are in college.

That's why I don't have kids - by the time shit really hits the fan I will be dead and I don't have to care for my kids living through it. :P

derspiess

I guess I could do what my cousin did with his oldest and send them to Liberty U :lol:

Talk about getting cheated out of a fun college experience...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

So apparently Denmark paid out about $2 billion too much in tax refunds to foreigners who owned stocks in Danish companies. Why? They didn't verify that people who asked for the tax refunds actually owned any stocks or actually had paid any taxes on stocks they owned. Much of the money was paid out to the same people who just kept asking for more money.

:bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on February 25, 2016, 04:46:54 PM
So apparently Denmark paid out about $2 billion too much in tax refunds to foreigners who owned stocks in Danish companies. Why? They didn't verify that people who asked for the tax refunds actually owned any stocks or actually had paid any taxes on stocks they owned. Much of the money was paid out to the same people who just kept asking for more money.

:bleeding:

Where is the link to the request form?