News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on February 24, 2016, 04:31:05 AM
Crisis is off (as far as the media is concerned), a Danish restaurant got 3 michelin stars for the first time. Now that is breaking news.

Noma? I thought it already had 3 stars.

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on February 24, 2016, 05:32:27 AM
Crisis is off (as far as the media is concerned), a Danish restaurant got 3 michelin stars for the first time. Now that is breaking news.

No, just two. It's Geranium who won the 3 stars.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

Quote from: Liep on February 24, 2016, 05:41:14 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 24, 2016, 05:32:27 AM

No, just two. It's Geranium who won the 3 stars.

We had lunch in Geranium last year.  It was good, but I'd say 2 stars. 

Josquius

Watching a few clips from the 1989/1990 football season... It's amazing how much lower the quality of football was back then. It would be interesting to see how the teams of that time would fare today; it seems even their division 1/premiership teams would struggle even in our modern division 3/league 1.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

So you're saying that PEDs are rampant in today's Premier League?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Nah.
The reasons are quite obvious really. As the money has sky rocketed the level of professionalism has followed. Where before players lived fairly normal lives apart from what the did for a job, now they're practically race horses, groomed since adolescence to be perfect playing machines working to finely tuned tactics.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

And there are no drugs in race horsing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

It's better nutrition and training regimen!  :mad:

lustindarkness

Day-O!

On the way to school my daughter was telling me what she learned about Harry Belafonte's Banana Boat Song. I made the mistake of youtoubing it and we listened to it. Now I can't get it out of my head and the Bettlejuice scene with that song keeps replaying in my mind.  :D

Daylight come and me wan' go home...
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

There's a family on the train. A young boy and girl of 10 years old or so.
They're arguing and...wow. the boy sounds so....cliché.  so very little boy. You know what I mean, you could envision him dressed in faux sailor clothes and holding a lolly pop.
There's just something about french that has this effect.
So.
A theory.
The reason the french speaking world gives birth to so many charvas  ( I think they call them ragets or something? ) is a self awareness of the ponciness of their own language and a need to play the tough guy to a greater degree than normal so as to try and countreact this.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Parliament is now voting to dispose the manipulating minister, PM's only comment so far is vaguely talking about an election (in a weird Gordian knot metaphor that didn't make a lot of sense*) before going online to taunt and ridicule the support party who wants the minister gone and then using Facebook's promote option on that post.

"So now we have a Gordian knot problem, one option is easy, just cut it and that's firing the minister, the other option is also easy, cutting it and that's having a new election... [long pause for dramatic effect]... but I think we need time to discuss it, so we're having a meeting in a few hours. No questions."
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Brazen

Boston Dynamics' next-generation humanoid robot. Ex-military company now owned by Google X. Watch from 1:20 onwards – that guy's just triggered the Rise Of The Machines! "Don't be evil"? Yeah, right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

The Brain

Yeah, replace robot with old lady and there would have been a shitstorm.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

So, apparently Milo Yiannopoulos is hosting an event at University of Michgan and the official website of the university posted this:

QuoteIt has come to our attention that an event titled, "Does Feminism Have a Free Speech Problem?" is taking place this evening on our campus. We recognize that the rhetoric of the speakers featured in this event is incredibly harmful to many members of our campus community. The Spectrum Center will be providing a supportive alternative space this evening and holding extended staffed hours until 9pm. There will be no program; our intent is to offer a relaxing, positive space for students who want to gather in community.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Full story here: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/24/another-group-therapy-session-for-students-following-milos-umich-visit/

If presence of a speaker with whom you disagree "threatens your mental health" and you are an adult and not institutionalized, perhaps it's time to consider whether your atoms cannot be disassembled so Mother Nature could put them to better use...