News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: sbr on February 20, 2016, 05:56:42 PM
They won't buy the cow if they get the milk for free!

Hook 'em with a little taste.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2016, 11:18:39 AM
At security, they were giving everyone a pat down. My pat down consisted of them checking my bare arms. :hmm:

As an American that's your right! :angry:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

At security, they were giving everyone a pat down. My pat down consisted of them checking my bare arms. :hmm:
:yes: They've already seen everything else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on February 21, 2016, 11:20:14 AM

As an American that's your right! :angry:

It was a translation error. Originally, the bill of rights gave you the right to eat bear claws.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Interesting story a woman's search for an SS officer that mysteriously spared her mother's life.

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/21/searching_for_the_nazi_who_saved_my_mothers_life_partner/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

This video of a 106 year old black woman meeting the Obamas in the White House is amazing and touching.

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/701589800193650688
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 21, 2016, 09:34:55 PM
Interesting story a woman's search for an SS officer that mysteriously spared her mother's life.

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/21/searching_for_the_nazi_who_saved_my_mothers_life_partner/

It would be interesting if there was more to that article than simply an unverified family tale and a story about how she couldn't get the actual files.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Uber driver shot down a bunch of folks in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area on Saturday, picking up riders in between killings.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/22/us/kalamazoo-michigan-what-we-know-and-dont-know/

DGuller

Good luck finding an old school yellow taxi driver with that kind of work ethic.

garbon

I've seen a lot of outlets mention Uber in the headline. Seems a bit unfair to the company as I at first assumed he was killing people who were his fares.

Admiral Yi

Just got off the phone with two very heavily accented foreigners (probably South Asian).  They claimed to be calling from Microsoft about people in Russia and China trying to steal personal information from my computer, and they wanted to show me what was going on by me pressing [Windows button] + r.

Scam or legit?  I hung up on them.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2016, 06:36:01 PM
I've seen a lot of outlets mention Uber in the headline. Seems a bit unfair to the company as I at first assumed he was killing people who were his fares.
I had that thought as well, it seems extremely unnecessary to constantly mention that he was an Uber driver.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2016, 06:50:38 PM
Just got off the phone with two very heavily accented foreigners (probably South Asian).  They claimed to be calling from Microsoft about people in Russia and China trying to steal personal information from my computer, and they wanted to show me what was going on by me pressing [Windows button] + r.

Seriously?  You can't tell between a Russian accent and a South Asian accent?  :mad:

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2016, 06:50:38 PM

All windows+r does is open a run dialog.  This has been a scam for a while, they get you to run something that "proves you have a virus" then you pay to get it fixed, apparently.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2016, 04:40:50 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 21, 2016, 09:34:55 PM

It would be interesting if there was more to that article than simply an unverified family tale and a story about how she couldn't get the actual files.

Seems an odd thing for her family to lie about to her.

Holocaust survivors aren't exactly well know for white washing the history of SS officers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point