News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

In other news, while walking up to the restaurant, a black cat walked across parking lot right toward me.  It stop and meowed and let me pet it, and then turned around and walked back.  Cat just wanted to say "hi".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 29, 2016, 01:05:48 AM
In other news, while walking up to the restaurant, a black cat walked across parking lot right toward me.  It stop and meowed and let me pet it, and then turned around and walked back.  Cat just wanted to say "hi".

So you got food poisoning directly after a black cat crossed your path?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 29, 2016, 01:09:43 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 29, 2016, 01:05:48 AM

So you got food poisoning directly after a black cat crossed your path?  :hmm:

It didn't cross his path...it recognized him as a loyal follower and acknowledged his sign of obedience to the Feline Overlord Government.

Eddie Teach

If Raz didn't get cursed, why did his meal make him sick?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Sounds like they crossed each others path. So... the good luck and the bad luck cancel each other out? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

You know, those FOP guys call me like once a month asking for donations.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 29, 2016, 02:26:05 AM
If Raz didn't get cursed, why did his meal make him sick?

Cause it was seafood.  There's like 20% chance that'll make you sick no matter what you do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35431086

QuoteDisneyland Paris: Man arrested carrying two guns
French police have arrested a man carrying two guns at an entrance to a hotel at Disneyland Paris.
The man, reportedly aged 28 and not known to security services, was also discovered with a copy of the Koran and a box of ammunition, police said.

Papers found on the suspect indicated that he lived in Paris, the source added.
He reportedly co-manages a brassiere in the French capital.
"For me, it's a mistake," said a member of the bar staff.

I was not aware co-managing a brassiere was a thing that existed. Hands-on approach basis maybe?

[spoiler]Best typo of January! 2016[/spoiler]

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

The Brain

Yeah 2+ managers for a brassiere is crazy.

Syt

Singularity coming closer?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I hope the engineer doesn't have kids.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.