News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2016, 05:11:27 PM
Is that seriously the way you say 97 in Lego?

Yes,
Syv (seven) og (and) halv (half) fem (five) sinds (times) tyve (twenty). Syvoghalvfemsindstyve. 97.
Syv (seven) og (and) fir (four) sinds (times) tyve (twenty). Syvogfirsindstyve. 87.
Syv (seven) og (and) halv (half) fjerd (four) sinds (times) tyve (twenty). Syvoghalvfjerdsindstyve. 77.

EASY.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on January 14, 2016, 05:43:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2016, 05:11:27 PM
Is that seriously the way you say 97 in Lego?

Yes,
Syv (seven) og (and) halv (half) fem (five) sinds (times) tyve (twenty). Syvoghalvfemsindstyve. 97.
Syv (seven) og (and) fir (four) sinds (times) tyve (twenty). Syvogfirsindstyve. 87.
Syv (seven) og (and) halv (half) fjerd (four) sinds (times) tyve (twenty). Syvoghalvfjerdsindstyve. 77.

EASY.

Well... you leave out the "tyve" and the "sinds" is just an s at this point, so all you say is is seven-and-half-fours

Perfectly logical :smarty:

Admiral Yi

You guys really did get stuck with the Hinduism of languages.

Admiral Yi

And it's not at all logical.  Half of 5 times 20 is 50, not 90.  You're trying to say halfway between 80 and 100, but you can't just say halfway between 100.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on January 14, 2016, 01:50:07 PM
I guess it's a dig at the supposedly unintelligible Danish. See also this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

Danish girl with about 5 vids on that link is hym-no-tizing me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHU81gVy-ks

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2016, 10:28:15 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 14, 2016, 01:50:07 PM
I guess it's a dig at the supposedly unintelligible Danish. See also this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

Danish girl with about 5 vids on that link is hym-no-tizing me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHU81gVy-ks

Me likey.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on January 14, 2016, 10:33:43 PM
Me likey.

Be sure to check out the no-glasses variant on the same page.

Josquius

Ok. Those Danish numbers are crazy. And j thought Danish was a sensible language :(
One good thing about switzerland- they drop the 4 20s nonsense and just say 80
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

The conversations today wound up with us planning a gold panning holiday in the 4x4.

My wife is pretty cool sometimes, but damn. Camping in places and panning for gold is quite a lot her and not even a little bit me. It could be fun though.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

Think of it as going out and doing a 49er historical reenactment in the outdoors, mixed in with cool off-road FJ action, plus a HOTT babe.

Sounds like all win to me.

Monoriu

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 15, 2016, 03:46:22 AM
The conversations today wound up with us planning a gold panning holiday in the 4x4.

My wife is pretty cool sometimes, but damn. Camping in places and panning for gold is quite a lot her and not even a little bit me. It could be fun though.

What do you mean by gold panning?  As in, literally looking for gold?  :unsure:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Monoriu on January 15, 2016, 05:37:51 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 15, 2016, 03:46:22 AM

What do you mean by gold panning?  As in, literally looking for gold?  :unsure:

That's what it means.

Malthus

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 15, 2016, 05:26:08 AM

Think of it as going out and doing a 49er historical reenactment in the outdoors, mixed in with cool off-road FJ action, plus a HOTT babe.

Sounds like all win to me.

Or you can think of it as hours of back-breaking labour in shitty weather while being eaten alive by mosquitoes, for a pitifully meager reward of a few tiny flecks of gold worth about twenty cents, with a HOTT babe covered head to toe and dosed in Muskol sans bathing.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

They're probably gonna be out in the desert somewhere, so the mosquitoes shouldn't be too bad.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?