News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

King Abdullah of Jordan (Hoya Saxa) is in Washington for some reason but Obama is "unable to meet with him because of prior commitments.  Kind of odd.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 11, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
King Abdullah of Jordan (Hoya Saxa) is in Washington for some reason but Obama is "unable to meet with him because of prior commitments.  Kind of odd.

I suppose a message is being sent. I imagine it's one of the following:

1) King Abdullah, we're displeased with [something you did]. Have a snub.

2) King Abdullah's protocol people, get your shit together. That was not enough notice. You can't just waltz into town and expect to meet the president like that.

3) [Whoever Obama is meeting with instead], you're more important than King Abdullah.

Razgovory

Yeah, that is weird.  Arabs get really sensitive over these kind of slights.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

He was an extra on Star Trek Voyager. He deserves to be shunned.  :mad: :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

No thread and can't start one right now but..... looks like my visit to turkey in the first half of the year is off. :(
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2016, 05:33:08 AM
He was an extra on Star Trek Voyager. He deserves to be shunned.  :mad: :P
You got a problem with Star Trek, son? :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

With Voyager? You betcha. It takes a special kind of disability to take a good on paper concept and turn it into 95% turds.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2016, 12:00:55 PM
With Voyager? You betcha. It takes a special kind of disability to take a good on paper concept and turn it into 95% turds.
I liked Voyager. :blush:

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on January 12, 2016, 12:07:38 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2016, 12:00:55 PM
I liked Voyager. :blush:

I think I know what you liked about Voyager...   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Grey Fox

Voyager is better than 75% of the different Star Trek Series.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2016, 12:15:53 PM
Voyager is better than 75% of the different Star Trek Series.

:rolleyes:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

TOS's placement on the list may be variable - for some it has aged poorly, for others it is the Ur-Trek.  And The Animated Series is hard to compare to anything else.

But since the 1980s the only possible ranking of TNG shows is

DS9>TNG>Voyager>Enterprise

And your math doesn't even work, since there were six different Star Trek series. :rolleyes: