News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Oh and it looks like she starred in a film that tried aping Eyes Without A Face.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on January 06, 2016, 05:04:58 PM
In a nutshell, yeah.

So who is Julia Stiles?

The Bourne Assistant, married the crown prince of Denmark.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2016, 05:07:07 PM
In a nutshell, yeah.

So who is Julia Stiles?

I would've said the role as the dead joker's love affair in that 90's teen romcom was her chef d'oeuvre.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on January 06, 2016, 05:10:24 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2016, 05:07:07 PM
In a nutshell, yeah.

So who is Julia Stiles?

I would've said the role as the dead joker's love affair in that 90's teen romcom was her chef d'oeuvre.

That and Save The Last Dance

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on January 06, 2016, 05:10:24 PM

Best adaptation of Taming of the Shrew I've ever seen.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Josquius

http://londonist.com/2016/01/no-more-zones

The green party want to make all of London one fair zone.
You know....that actually makes a lot of sense.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 06, 2016, 05:53:58 PM

I don't. I've no need to subsidize people living in outer zones. You want to pay less in travel fare, then you get to pay more in rent when you live closer.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2016, 05:56:31 PM

I don't. I've no need to subsidize people living in outer zones. You want to pay less in travel fare, then you get to pay more in rent when you live closer.
If saving money was your concern though then this would mean you don't have to live so centrally.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on January 06, 2016, 05:58:43 PM

If saving money was your concern though then this would mean you don't have to live so centrally.

:frusty:

Garbon Wants to keep the 'poors' out of town. 

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 06, 2016, 05:58:43 PM

It isn't. But again that doesn't mean I want to pay extra for little benefit. Financially it makes more sense for me to just pay the little extra when I want to go to an outer zone.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2016, 06:08:28 PM
It isn't. But again that doesn't mean I want to pay extra for little benefit. Financially it makes more sense for me to just pay the little extra when I want to go to an outer zone.

Sure. But perhaps the proposal is not primarily concerned with your what makes sense for you personally.