News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Two days ago a group of 20 or 30 people went to visit a sick relative at a hospital but got upset when the nurses asked them to visit in smaller groups. Police was called and it became a fight and the group dispersed before the police could arrest all the troublemakers.

They were however arrested a bit later went they down to the emergency room to get treatment from the hits they've gotten from the police. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on January 07, 2016, 03:28:42 AM
Distribution of factions across countries in the game Star Wars: Commander.

The north/south distribution between Empire and Rebellion fans is... telling.

No surprise that Russians like authority figures and America loves winners, whilst the poor downtrodden masses of South America and Africa support the rebels. :D

It also clearly outlines the real cause of the conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2016, 09:07:27 AM
It also clearly outlines the real cause of the conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2016, 09:07:27 AM

:lol:

lustindarkness

When we went to watch the new SW movie, we as a family were wearing empire t-shirts, we went to eat first and a couple sat next to us wearing rebel t-shirts.  I sneered "rebel scum", we all laughed (in truth, I was not really joking :menace:).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 07, 2016, 01:03:06 PM
When we went to watch the new SW movie, we as a family were wearing empire t-shirts, we went to eat first and a couple sat next to us wearing rebel t-shirts.  I sneered "rebel scum", we all laughed (in truth, I was not really joking :menace:).

Did y'all use a British accent the whole time?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

QuoteDepends what zone they choose to harmonise the prices, if they lower or rise prices overall.
It does not make more sense if you want to get more money to improve transportation in the far suburbs, outside of the real centre, where the problem is not price, but the lack of public transportation. Financing Crossrail by cutting prices won't work.
The Left and Greens here did it for Paris and Île-de-France (so bigger than Greater London for the latter). It's an even bigger mess to find money to maintain the network, let alone improve it.
Its not about financing expansions though. Public transport by nature doesn't make money, it merely assists the economy (the underground is a bit of an exception to the norm in usually being able to fund  itself).
London gets the vast majority of the government money for transport improvements already, this is something that needs to change, though is a different problem.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2016, 03:37:36 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2016, 02:49:49 AM
Current thinking on benefits is moving away from a myriad of subsidies and more towards keeping things as simple as possible.
It makes more sense to charge the poor less to begin with than to charge them highly and give them a chance to do some paperwork to reclaim some of that.

The Green Party proposal doesn't differentiate on income.
:huh:
Where'd this come from?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

The fact that it would help anyone in outer zones regardless of income level and the converse for inner zones.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I'm confused now.
That was an odd way of putting it if it was his point.
To which- duh.
But it just so happens most poor people who have to commute live around the edges.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I don't think you have to be poor to want to raise a family. Much better quality of life for a family further away from the center unless you have made money.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

I thought e-sports a fictional VGHS thing. But I am currently watching a counterstrike tournament called by totalbiscuit.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

lustindarkness

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 07, 2016, 05:03:07 PM
I thought e-sports a fictional VGHS thing. But I am currently watching a counterstrike tournament called by totalbiscuit.

I may or may not have watched a few competitive Call of Duty matches. :blush:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 07, 2016, 05:03:07 PM

I watched a few Castlevania speed runs on Twitch (Awesome Games Done Quick - AGDQ - charity run is on again). And a Super Punch-Out speedrun. And two players playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on NES, blindfolded, to see who beat it first (they both stayed under 27 minutes). :nerd:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

I just stumbled in here while wandering around the convention.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Iormlund

I've been watching e-sport events for well over a decade. Started back in the day with CS matches.

I now watch plenty of pro Dota 2. I love it. Much more entertaining than most traditional sports.