News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 09:57:45 PM
The US officially has more breweries now than ever before: 4,144.

Only took eight or nine decades to recover.

They must have been great kissers. Doesn't look worth it to me though.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Yeah the great tradition of American Beer making is finally back. That was a long and bleak dark age.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 03, 2015, 11:31:28 PM

They must have been great kissers.
I would've guessed that they were really not into kissing, and deliberately came up with demands they knew full well men could not meet.

Syt

I don't know why, but I suddenly feel a keen interest in learning Taekwondo.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

If she has a racket in her hand isn't she better off hitting the masked guy with it?  :P

Eddie Teach

Not if she can get more power with her kick.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

An attack while playing in a tennis court seems an awfully specific situation. Unless the magazine's criteria is teaching women how to defend themselves in places where they will wear shorts.   :hmm:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 04, 2015, 05:45:54 AM
An attack while playing in a tennis court seems an awfully specific situation. Unless the magazine's criteria is teaching women how to defend themselves in places where they will wear shorts.   :hmm:

It was the 70s; the IRA could strike any time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

http://www.climatenetwork.org/fossil-of-the-day

:weep: :weep: :weep:

Of all the horrible things the current government has done and said I think its policy of ruining 20-30 years of green politics is the worst. It seems they're hell-bent on dismantling the legacy of the great Svend Auken. It's just sad. :cry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Denmark is turning weird in recent years.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2015, 06:16:51 AM
Denmark is turning weird in recent years.

Yes, we've turned into a petty, racist and egocentric country because of the work of Anders Fogh and Pia Kjærsgaard.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

I'm contemplating doing some minor professional courses next year and the exams are traditional sit down 3 hour affairs, several crammed into 2/3 days, something I've not done for 30 odd years.  :(

The grading and pass rates are traditional too ie somewhat variable and they do fail people, sometimes lots, one of the modules recently had a pass rate of only 33%.  :cry:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Savonarola

Quote from: mongers on December 04, 2015, 06:41:46 AM
I'm contemplating doing some minor professional courses next year and the exams are traditional sit down 3 hour affairs, several crammed into 2/3 days, something I've not done for 30 odd years.  :(

The grading and pass rates are traditional too ie somewhat variable and they do fail people, sometimes lots, one of the modules recently had a pass rate of only 33%.  :cry:

Is this for some sort of certification?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point