Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 08, 2015, 06:35:48 PM
How does any generation grow bigger after the cutoff?  :hmm:

Immigration I figure.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 08, 2015, 06:35:48 PM
How does any generation grow bigger after the cutoff?  :hmm:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/01/16/this-year-millennials-will-overtake-baby-boomers/

Looking at that article, appears it might be accounted for by immigrants coming to US.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

So, the "Silent Generation" (1928-1945) appears to have gotten gypped. No US Presidents unless Bernie manages to win.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Millenials are supposed to cut off in the mid 90s then comes the digital natives .

Why are immigration authorities so inefficient with passport pages.
Looking at my passport perfectly valid empty pages have been skipped for stuff being put on blank two page sections without need
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Is there such a thing as a good book explaining the finer details of modern (as in contemporary) naval warfare?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on December 09, 2015, 03:39:14 AM
Is there such a thing as a good book explaining the finer details of modern (as in contemporary) naval warfare?

Radar lock, jam, countermeasures, dead.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 09, 2015, 03:42:13 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 09, 2015, 03:39:14 AM

Radar lock, jam, countermeasures, dead.

You know nothing Jon Snow

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Going to the US to meet my gf's family. Anything I should know?   :P

Grey Fox

I disagree that the Millennials generation starts before 1990, the 80s is Gen Y decade.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 09, 2015, 08:54:23 AM
I disagree that the Millennials generation starts before 1990, the 80s is Gen Y decade.

:yes:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on December 09, 2015, 08:51:10 AM
Going to the US to meet my gf's family. Anything I should know?   :P

Don't let the surprise overwhelm you when you find out you've been dating an American.    :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I think that Gen Y and Millenials are generally used interchangeably. Sadly I'm a millenial. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 09, 2015, 08:54:23 AM

You've been rebranded.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?