Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2015, 10:11:03 PM
Cheese eating surrender monkey

The only animals running away at Valmy were aristopigs -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Pretty funny coming from somebody who'd be the first under the blade, Marquis Pénis du Fromage.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2015, 10:18:50 PM

Pretty funny coming from somebody who'd be the first under the blade, Marquis Pénis du Fromage.

I know when to run.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2015, 10:25:03 PM
I know when to run.

Oh, there are so many jokes in there, in just those 5 little words.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on December 02, 2015, 01:22:58 PM
Guy that has given me work these past two years, has invited me to a documentary screening. The topic of the piece: the transexual community of the Cabo Verde islands.

The things you do for money.

That's probably something those people are forced to say more often than you do.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on December 02, 2015, 10:32:30 PM
Guy that has given me work these past two years, has invited me to a documentary screening. The topic of the piece: the transexual community of the Cabo Verde islands.

That's probably something those people are forced to say more often than you do.

Woah. This got dark all the sudden.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Dark? Because they're African?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 02, 2015, 10:45:28 PM
Dark? Because they're African?

No the poor downtrodden transgendered Cape Verdeans doing distasteful things because they need the money.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2015, 10:28:58 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2015, 10:27:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2015, 10:25:03 PM
I know when to run.

Oh, there are so many jokes in there, in just those 5 little words.

Go ahead.  :)

[searchforspock]No.  Because you wish it.[/searchforspock]

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2015, 10:10:12 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 02, 2015, 09:50:23 PM
:bleeding:

Well I can see who is not un ami du peuple :angry:

Or maybe I think wearing gaudy jewelry with a mass murderer is a bad thing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2015, 10:39:51 PM

It was an obvious shot, but I knew someone else would say it, so I didn't bother lowering myself to that level. -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on December 02, 2015, 11:16:44 PM
Or maybe I think wearing gaudy jewelry with a mass murderer is a bad thing.

Hey! We must smother the internal and external enemies of the Republic or perish with it; now in this situation, the first maxim of policy ought to be to lead the people by reason and the people's enemies by terror.

But seriously though he (Max not Georges) did say this:

QuoteThe most extravagant idea that can be born in the head of a political thinker is to believe that it suffices for people to enter, weapons in hand, among a foreign people and expect to have its laws and constitution embraced. No one loves armed missionaries; the first lesson of nature and prudence is to repulse them as enemies.

And the terror would never have happened without the war.

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 02, 2015, 11:35:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2015, 10:39:51 PM

It was an obvious shot, but I knew someone else would say it, so I didn't bother lowering myself to that level. -_-

Tbf the docu was pretty good and not dark at all. It depicts a pretty feel-good tale of the LGBT community of a small island town setting up a carnival and gaining the acceptance of the residents in the process. Most of the story is devoted around the arduous preparations of the (very gaudy) festival and the sense of community it fosters among the islanders. 

It's a bit too arty at times, but it's a very nice story.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on December 02, 2015, 11:16:44 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2015, 10:10:12 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 02, 2015, 09:50:23 PM
:bleeding:

Well I can see who is not un ami du peuple :angry:

Or maybe I think wearing gaudy jewelry

You'd said enough with just this bit. Didn't need to go for the jugular. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.