News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Now I can't post in the crime thread. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

She sounds like a female CDM. /captain obvious
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

so, in Hungary, the government has started buying up the electricity providers. Because it's easier to win elections when you can just decrease utility prices and pay the difference from tax money. But ANYWAYS, the first change with one of the providers was rather symbolic of the increased efficiency of state ownership.

The provider's web address was "elmu.hu" The new ownership has changed this to:

elmuemaszenergiaszolgaltato.hu

:lmfao:

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2015, 03:23:51 AM
She sounds like a female CDM. /captain obvious

Pictured with a cat even. A soulmate?

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on December 01, 2015, 06:06:24 AM
so, in Hungary, the government has started buying up the electricity providers. Because it's easier to win elections when you can just decrease utility prices and pay the difference from tax money. But ANYWAYS, the first change with one of the providers was rather symbolic of the increased efficiency of state ownership.

The provider's web address was "elmu.hu" The new ownership has changed this to:

elmuemaszenergiaszolgaltato.hu

:lmfao:

Obviously Orban is in bed with Big Keyboard Manufacturers.

Liep

This is the sort of gadget I'd like to get for Christmas but would never use because it's entirely too stupid to use outside.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

I often see people on Oxford Street riding about on those. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Is that the next generation of the Segway?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2015, 08:16:06 AM

It isn't really useful - as I hear you need a REALLY flat surface for it. But it has flashing lights so nice to grab attention.

garbon

Are you suggesting the creator will go off a cliff?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2015, 08:26:13 AM

Are you suggesting the creator will go off a cliff?

No I am suggesting it looks like another thing I wouldn't be caught dead riding.

garbon

Syt

My Scottish colleague picked up a can of Irn Bru for me from the local UK/US food shop. I'm a bit disappointed. It's not nearly as sweet as I was told. And the taste is ... bland? A bit like cheap ball chewing gum from vending machines.

Although, one can supplies 38% of my daily recommended sugar intake :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.