News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Get it together NFL, that was a Wheaton catch. :angry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Watch the haka performed in front of Jonah Lomu's coffin at the national memorial service in Auckland today.

Only two or three minutes long, but that was some send off. 

Not found a bbc video yet, but here's New Zealand TV's page, it's the 3 or 4 video down the page:

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/as-it-happened-jonah-lomu-memorial-service-casket-led-out-of-eden-park-to-moving-haka
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: Brazen on November 27, 2015, 11:52:00 AM
I heard gossip today that our receptionist at work illegally overstayed her US visa 20 or so years ago and hooked up with a Redskins quarterback. Her hard partying ways were apparently responsible for the team losing a critical (Thanksgiving or Superbowl?) game. Does this ring any bells? Her name is Sharon Kerry, though her surname may have changed, and she's since become a born-again Christian and spent all her savings to set up an orphanage in Kenya.

I doubt it would make news that a random girlfriend distracted a QB and led to them losing a game.  Maybe if it was the super bowl, but the last time the redskins lost a super bowl was 1984, and they lost 38-9, so the reasons for the loss probably extended beyond a future receptionist in the country illegally.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

We've been in America since the world was created, so 6000 years or so.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2015, 03:47:22 AM

Totally different, and no American ever descended from refugees, ever.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Picking up a gun to make it right is generally a poor response to lack of well paying jobs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 30, 2015, 03:52:18 AM
Picking up a gun to make it right is generally a poor response to lack of well paying jobs.

Are you saying armed insurrection isn't the first, best thing to do when you're unhappy with how things go in your country? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Denmark is only behind Luxembourg in per capita payments to the EU.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2015, 03:51:07 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2015, 03:47:22 AM

Totally different, and no American ever descended from refugees, ever.

Well exactly, all true Americans have always been in America. Which, of course, then excludes my family. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 30, 2015, 03:52:18 AM
It beig a bad idea doesn't stop it being a time honoured tradition alas
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2015, 06:44:21 AM
Well exactly, all true Americans have always been in America. Which, of course, then excludes my family. :(

Who could be more American than you? :huh:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2015, 08:55:52 AM

He's living in Europe and being all infected with our rampant liberalism.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2015, 08:55:52 AM

Black people were clearly imported. -_-