Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Tomorrow I leave for SE Asia.
I have my first USD for the occasion. 
I hope I don't die.
It's the 21st century so of course I will still be posting a little until that happens.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Because I know you all care. #dkpol

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

I don't even understand what that graphic is depicting.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2015, 09:42:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2015, 08:55:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2015, 06:44:21 AM
Well exactly, all true Americans have always been in America. Which, of course, then excludes my family. :(

Who could be more American than you? :huh:

Black people were clearly imported. -_-

I thought you were Indian this week.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Oh darling, you are so 8 years ago. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on November 28, 2015, 02:44:57 PM

Before becoming a lawyer I had jobs in four of those industries.  And I literally have scars to prove it  :)

MadImmortalMan

James Hetfield used to tromp through a litter box full of dust backstage so his steel-toed boots would be dirty for the show.

Mine are permanently scarred by soot and damage from molten metal.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: alfred russel on November 30, 2015, 12:55:59 AM
I doubt it would make news that a random girlfriend distracted a QB and led to them losing a game.  Maybe if it was the super bowl, but the last time the redskins lost a super bowl was 1984, and they lost 38-9, so the reasons for the loss probably extended beyond a future receptionist in the country illegally.

Uh, how about their wins in 1988 and 1992?

alfred russel

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 30, 2015, 01:20:22 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 30, 2015, 12:55:59 AM
I doubt it would make news that a random girlfriend distracted a QB and led to them losing a game.  Maybe if it was the super bowl, but the last time the redskins lost a super bowl was 1984, and they lost 38-9, so the reasons for the loss probably extended beyond a future receptionist in the country illegally.

Brazen specified that the redskins lost, so it wouldn't be 1988 or 1992.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on November 27, 2015, 11:52:00 AM
I heard gossip today that our receptionist at work illegally overstayed her US visa 20 or so years ago and hooked up with a Redskins quarterback. Her hard partying ways were apparently responsible for the team losing a critical (Thanksgiving or Superbowl?) game. Does this ring any bells? Her name is Sharon Kerry, though her surname may have changed, and she's since become a born-again Christian and spent all her savings to set up an orphanage in Kenya.

20 years ago? Um Heath Shuler? Gus Frerrotte? Brad Johnson?

Here is my guess. Gus Frerrote against Dallas on Thanksgiving 1996 during the Redskins' historic collapse to miss the playoffs after a 7-1 start.

The last Redskins Super Bowl loss was after the 1983 season and that one has been so obsessed about and picked apart by me and the other fans I am pretty sure Joe Theismann partying with some hottie, causing him to miss Joe Washington and throw it to Jack Squirek instead, would have caused much gnashing of teeth and I would have remembered that.

I will just presume she is not responsible for Billy Kilmer bouncing a sure touchdown pass to Charlie Taylor off the goal post in Super Bowl VII since she would have to be pushing 70 by now in that case.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

I was back in Detroit for Thanksgiving.  I had to pick up a birthday cake while I was up there.  I saw that they had something called "Mary's Gateaux" at the upscale supermarket; yet if you bought it you only got one.  I really needed Jean-Pierre Hutz to get the class action lawsuit going.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: alfred russel on November 30, 2015, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 30, 2015, 01:20:22 PM

Brazen specified that the redskins lost, so it wouldn't be 1988 or 1992.

Uh, I should read better. :P

They did lose the divisional playoff in 1993 and 1999, though.

Valmy

Yeah I thought maybe it was Brad Johnson in 1999. He certainly played shitty enough but it was the Bucs defense at their height.

So which was it? Gus or Brad? I have been googling around about them but I cannot find any scandal involving a woman named Sharon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

When was it that Gus knocked himself out by slamming his head against the stadium wall?   It would be awesome if that was tied to a bender with a Brit groupie.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 30, 2015, 07:37:01 PM
When was it that Gus knocked himself out by slamming his head against the stadium wall?   It would be awesome if that was tied to a bender with a Brit groupie.

No that was against the Giants the following season. I watched that live. Such a hilarious WTF moment. I knew then the Redskins were doomed forever.