News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

There's a girl on the train wearing a joy division t-shirt and playing Super Mario.  :wub:
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on November 11, 2015, 12:00:22 PM
There's a girl on the train wearing a joy division t-shirt and playing Super Mario.  :wub:

So she's 40?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on November 11, 2015, 05:29:40 PM

So she's 40?
My daughter is 12 and she wears a Smiths t-shirt  :sleep:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

So she's 40?
Or awesome.
Probably awesome.
Except for being francophone. :(
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Pedrito on November 11, 2015, 05:31:11 PM

So she's 40?

L.

The Smiths are still good, Joy Division sounds old - at least have the decency to wear a New Order shirt.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on November 11, 2015, 05:33:18 PM

So she's 40?
Or awesome.
Probably awesome.
Except for being francophone. :(

What's up with your francophobia?

MadImmortalMan

Hmmm, Jon, do you think she recognized you from TV?  :P

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

This guy?
http://www.cnbc.com/jon-najarian/

Had no idea who he was until I googled him
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

The cross is a nice touch.  :D

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on November 11, 2015, 05:42:12 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on November 11, 2015, 05:31:11 PM

So she's 40?

L.

The Smiths are still good, Joy Division sounds old - at least have the decency to wear a New Order shirt.

It's weird.  But a new order shirt would be far more worthy of "is she 40" than a joy division shirt.

Quotewhat's up with your francophobia 
I have to listen to it every day.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Rather frustrating how many websites provide educational information but don't provide the details to properly cite it.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on November 12, 2015, 03:26:46 AM

Not really an answer. Half of my team is French and frequently speak French to one another.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2015, 06:59:52 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 12, 2015, 03:26:46 AM

Not really an answer. Half of my team is French and frequently speak French to one another.

I don't know. That sort of thing frequently creates hatred here, the right wing nutters often say that they're angry about hearing Arabic everywhere.

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on November 12, 2015, 07:06:02 AM
I don't know. That sort of thing frequently creates hatred here, the right wing nutters often say that they're angry about hearing Arabic everywhere.

I don't know if nationalist indignation really transfers onto expats like Tyr and garbon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2015, 07:10:41 AM
I don't know if nationalist indignation really transfers onto expats like Tyr and garbon.

Not necessarily nationalist indignation but a feeling of disfranchisement, of being left out.