News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on October 04, 2015, 09:12:14 AM
Hipster friends went last year. It's a similar problem to the International Market at the Kieler Woche, if you've ever been - too much choice to sample everything. Additionally, there's few spots to sit down and eat in peace. And they didn't like the value for money ratio.
I am one of those suckers that make sure those places can survive.  :P

Valmy

Man you have to read that map fast Syt :P

I wish Sheilbh would return  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Now that the last righteous man (me) has left, Columbia, SC, has been wiped out by God. :(  Actually, most of South Carolina is under flood conditions right now.  Four in Columbia have died.  Property damage looks like a hundred million dollars plus (probably way plus).  Looking at photos of the surrounding area, my previous residence appears likely to be more-or-less submerged.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on October 04, 2015, 12:54:24 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 04, 2015, 09:12:14 AM
Hipster friends went last year. It's a similar problem to the International Market at the Kieler Woche, if you've ever been - too much choice to sample everything. Additionally, there's few spots to sit down and eat in peace. And they didn't like the value for money ratio.
I am one of those suckers that make sure those places can survive.  :P

Oh, I don't mind buying from them or trying them - it's just not something for which I go to an expo. Actually, one of the crappier sausage stands 5 minutes from here has recently turned into an Italian kiosk with great pastries and espresso.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Nah, I would not go to an expo either, but I do go to those hipster streetfood things that have popped up everywhere of late.

Maladict

http://www.boston.com/news/2015/09/29/old-ironsides-now-the-only-commissioned-ship-the-navy-have-sunk-enemy-ship/aIS1rNzaRZ1jjn0CTtWbjJ/story.html
The USS Constitution stands alone.

The American frigate, known for its role in the War of 1812, is now the only ship in the U.S. Navy to sink an enemy vessel in action. The only other ship to share that title, the 30-year-old USS Simpson, was decommissioned on Tuesday.

The ship, also known as Old Ironsides, is currently in dry dock in the Charlestown Navy Yard for a two-year restoration project, estimated between $10 and $15 million.

Liep

One of my Sonos speakers keeps losing the bass sound. Warrenty, of course, just ran out. :angry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

That's amazing. And absolutely horrific.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Syt, that map gif sure is in a hurry.

I like the pasta idea.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Couldn't sleep last night and was nearly passing out at work.
Finally get home.... And nap time won't come.
Dammit
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2015, 10:10:47 AM
Dammit

Search the forum for posts containing "mongers" and read a few.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 05, 2015, 08:45:46 AM
Syt, that map gif sure is in a hurry.

It's The Atlantic's fault. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2015, 10:10:47 AM
Dammit

R you doing shiftwork? ie. changing which shift you work every few days? If yes, this is fairly normal and better embrace it :P