News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2015, 01:27:28 PM
This is probably not going to interest too many people here (I miss Seedee and Sheilbh!) but a Polish prelate of the Vatican Congregation of the Doctrine of Faith (the Catholic Church's Holy Inquisition, essentially), and a prominent Vatican theologian and philosopher who wrote a hugely commented on article earlier this week attacking the Polish church for its hate speech and homophobia... has just come out. I look forward to this issue developing and what the Pope's reaction will be - I find it hugely interesting and inspiring, even though I consider myself an ex-Catholic.

You need to ring Shelf up on the gay phone and tell him to come back here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 02, 2015, 10:12:25 PM
This is probably not going to interest too many people here (I miss Seedee and Sheilbh!) but a Polish prelate of the Vatican Congregation of the Doctrine of Faith (the Catholic Church's Holy Inquisition, essentially), and a prominent Vatican theologian and philosopher who wrote a hugely commented on article earlier this week attacking the Polish church for its hate speech and homophobia... has just come out. I look forward to this issue developing and what the Pope's reaction will be - I find it hugely interesting and inspiring, even though I consider myself an ex-Catholic.

You need to ring Shelf up on the gay phone and tell him to come back here.

Gay Catholic post. I will attach a note to the next homing nun passing by.

Razgovory

Good.  This place needs some livening up.  After Seedy left I've been considering dropping out myself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Bad news no?
Puts his pro gay policies into the light of being gay himself rather than actually caring for them as a powerful guy without a vested interest (which is what gay rights needs).
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Was at the semi-annual Comix here in Vienna. Considering they charge €10.- entry fee it's a bit underwhelming. I picked up some cheap D&D and other fantasy comics (€3 each in new condition, RRP between $15 and $20). Some really horrid cosplayers (though turnout the local chapter of the 501st Legion was decent). Overall very "meh." Also: only one meager food stand that was sold out of some stuff by 1:30 pm. Thought that might have been intentional - in the neighboring hall was an expo with all kinds of hipsteriffic food vans (€5 admission, plus whatever silly prices they charge at the trucks). We settled for some sausages with mustard instead. Also, there was a stand by a local importer of Brit/US junk, so we also had Reese's Pieces and Vanilla Dr Peppers.

Considered going to the video game thing at Rathaus afterwards, but too many kids, and no company I'm interested in except Bethesda (don't care for EA, Activision, the World of Tanks guys etc. that are there).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Oh, and there was a small stand with an artist offering his self drawn Yaoi art. I told my friend that my niece in the U.S. would love that. When we came by on a second pass the artist turned out to be a young woman who could easily have been my niece if she was ten years older (very tomboy, similar face/hair ...).:o
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

I would have skipped the comic thing and went for the hipster food thing.

Syt

Hipster friends went last year. It's a similar problem to the International Market at the Kieler Woche, if you've ever been - too much choice to sample everything. Additionally, there's few spots to sit down and eat in peace. And they didn't like the value for money ratio.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 04, 2015, 08:34:45 AM
Oh, and there was a small stand with an artist offering his self drawn Yaoi art. I told my friend that my niece in the U.S. would love that.

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2015, 10:27:23 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 04, 2015, 08:34:45 AM
Oh, and there was a small stand with an artist offering his self drawn Yaoi art. I told my friend that my niece in the U.S. would love that.

:hmm:

You don't see her Facebook feed. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

More like I've never understood straight females into male homosexuality.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2015, 10:57:36 AM
More like I've never understood straight females into male homosexuality.

Beats me. She's not straight, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Syt

See TBR for more details. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2015, 11:05:57 AM
Even more bizarre. :D

It's like in that movie, "The Kids are All Right".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?