And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2015, 11:41:01 PM
Quote from: katmai on August 12, 2015, 10:51:51 PM

Quotewhen I'm there, there's too many people being assholes on purpose or even by accident, it gets wearisome.
in spite of everyone probably being alright if we hung out in person

The guy has a point. The casual for the lulz callousness is what annoys me most, personally.

TBH, it seems to me that in the last few months the assholishness level has gone down a couple of notches. But it's true that it used to be a bit unbearable at times in the past.

Valmy

Quotewhen I'm there, there's too many people being assholes on purpose or even by accident, it gets wearisome.

The guy has a point. The casual for the lulz callousness is what annoys me most, personally.

It is better here than elsewhere on the net I have been. Toxicity seems pretty common in online communities. But beyond a few times Marty went off the wagon I think we do pretty good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

It is pretty amazing how many subcontinent types we have in this state now. We have hindu temples all over the place. They are rather strange places to me, people show up and spend a few minutes visiting the shrine and then spend the rest of the day playing basketball and hanging out by the pool. What a great religion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

lustindarkness

The assholiness is what keeps me here, the boringness is what makes me second guess my self.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 13, 2015, 07:04:52 AM
It is pretty amazing how many subcontinent types we have in this state now. We have hindu temples all over the place. They are rather strange places to me, people show up and spend a few minutes visiting the shrine and then spend the rest of the day playing basketball and hanging out by the pool. What a great religion.

The main temple in my part of town kind of resembles a cult compound.  I think they have the gate and all that land for security, but it kind of makes it look nefarious.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on August 13, 2015, 07:04:52 AM
That's why "paganism" is best.
Gotta love "the gods dont give a fuck what you do"ism
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: The Larch on August 13, 2015, 04:14:00 AM

TBH, it seems to me that in the last few months the assholishness level has gone down a couple of notches. But it's true that it used to be a bit unbearable at times in the past.

That is probably a negative for the forum considering the main cause has probably been CdM leaving.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Maladict

Post counts since April....Languish is dying  :(

+ August 2015     2412    
+ July 2015         7970    
+ June 2015         9156    
+ May 2015         8948    
+ April 2015         7834    
+ March 2015          12186    
+ February 2015    13484    
+ January 2015    11940    
+ December 2014    13209    
+ November 2014    12613    
+ October 2014    12428    
+ September 2014    11052    
+ August 2014    8719    
+ July 2014            10883    
+ June 2014            12347    
+ May 2014            11533    
+ April 2014            12921    
+ March 2014    99    13034    
+ February 2014    12469    
+ January 2014    11513    

MadBurgerMaker

Let the bots post.  Those numbers will get to where they need to be real quick.

celedhring

What happened from March-April? Is that when CdM quit?  :hmm:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on August 13, 2015, 09:40:26 AM

Yup.

QuoteLast Active: 16-03-2015

Yet he's still the forum's top poster by far.

Valmy

His departure really did rip a significant part of the heart out of this place. I hope he is alright.

But even if we are on the path to extinction we had one hell of a good run. We who are left at the end will just migrate over to another home and keep going.

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on August 13, 2015, 09:40:26 AM

Also I'm guessing he was on vacation August of last year :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on August 13, 2015, 09:56:51 AM
His departure really did rip a significant part of the heart out of this place.

And roughly one fourth of the monthly postcount.  :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 13, 2015, 09:56:51 AM
His departure really did rip a significant part of the heart out of this place. I hope he is alright.

I really thought he was just taking the piss like 80% of the time he was raging.  Also I just can't imagine not being able to compartmentalize an internet forum from your personal life and letting whatever negativity impact the rest of your life.  I mean, I know that crap happens all the time with teens but most of us seem pretty mature.

QuoteBut even if we are on the path to extinction we had one hell of a good run. We who are left at the end will just migrate over to another home and keep going.

Particularly given our origins, we sure as shit had a good run.  Sort of similar to Seinfeld, we're a forum about nothing yet it somehow works.