News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

No, he already knows how we are, pretty sure won't convince him just as we can't bring back vinraith, hamilcar and others who have left.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

I mean yeah we get a little fiesty when it comes to our circular debates but compared to the rest of the internet we are pretty tame. I do not have a clue what he is even talking about. When somebody has a serious problem and people are serious everybody is usually pretty damn classy. Especially when I have ever needed help, Languish came through in a huge way to help me along with my career for example. Nobody has ever been spiteful or really ugly to me and it is rather rare I even see it happen to others. Everybody understands the schticks and the nonsense is usually in good fun. I just do not see how that has any substance to it, or at least not more substance than it did a decade ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2015, 10:58:47 PM
I mean yeah we get a little fiesty when it comes to our circular debates but compared to the rest of the internet we are pretty tame. I do not have a clue what he is even talking about. When somebody has a serious problem and people are serious everybody is usually pretty damn classy. Especially when I have ever needed help, Languish came through in a huge way to help me along with my career for example. Nobody has ever been spiteful or really ugly to me and it is rather rare I even see it happen to others. Everybody understands the schticks and the nonsense is usually in good fun. I just do not see how that has any substance to it, or at least not more substance than it did a decade ago.
I'm inclined to agree, though I guess that the same old tenor could be wearing on people, even if it's not changing.

Syt

Quote from: katmai on August 12, 2015, 10:51:51 PM

Quotewhen I'm there, there's too many people being assholes on purpose or even by accident, it gets wearisome.
in spite of everyone probably being alright if we hung out in person

The guy has a point. The casual for the lulz callousness is what annoys me most, personally.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

We need a soul-searching thread.  :(

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on August 12, 2015, 11:42:35 PM

We are soul-searching now, and this is our soul-searching thread  :bowler:

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on August 12, 2015, 11:43:57 PM

Has anyone found their soul yet?

Eddie Teach

Mine is safe.

QuoteHis soul (or death) is hidden separate from his body inside a needle, which is in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PRC

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on August 12, 2015, 11:57:06 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 12, 2015, 11:43:57 PM

Has anyone found their soul yet?

I have no problem remembering my online banking passwords.

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

DGuller

I'm more intrigued by Bhutan.

Eddie Teach

Nobody else wanted to move to North Dakota. ;)

Josquius

You're really starting to catch up in the Indian race ey
██████
██████
██████