News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 24, 2015, 05:55:59 AM
My daughter had her first eye exam today. We have to go again on Tuesday wether she has strabismus or simply the capacity to move her eyes independantly.

:shifty:

Good luck.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

William Shatner's cover of Pulp's Common People, with Star Trek clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=60&v=zI3UfxyIdgs
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

The ironic thing is that Orcas also like to help humans, or at least work cooperatively with them.  There's some place in Australia where Orcas would herd whales into a harbor so fisherman could easily catch it.  In exchange the fishermen saved stuff they didn't want (tongues I think) for the Orcas to eat. :)

This is precisely why I don't think Orcas should be kept in small tanks and treated like circus slaves btw.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Can we still make bears ride bicycles though? :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

I like the orca shows, they would be more fun if they threw some life food in there for us to watch them eat it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2015, 11:07:26 AM
Can we still make bears ride bicycles though? :unsure:
I think bears are pretty smart too, but not sure if they're too smart to be exploited for our amusement. :)

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 24, 2015, 11:10:02 AM
I like the orca shows, they would be more fun if they threw some life food in there for us to watch them eat it.
How about the executives at Sea World who insist on enslaving them? :)

The Brain

Is that some hippie shit?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
I refuse to go to Sea World and places of its ilk because I don't believe Orcas should be imprisoned like that and forced to perform tricks.  :(

Cal you eat animals so therefore you have to be cool with anything else we do with them. Just to be consistent and all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 11:10:45 AM

How about the gas stations that serve them Cal? Eh? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2015, 11:14:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
I refuse to go to Sea World and places of its ilk because I don't believe Orcas should be imprisoned like that and forced to perform tricks.  :(

Cal you eat animals so therefore you have to be cool with anything else we do with them. Just to be consistent and all.

Cal eats whales?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 11:10:45 AM

Sure, but they will have a hard time hiring enough executives. Seals and such may be cheaper. maybe make a deal with the state prison system and use them instead of lethal injection or the chair.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2015, 11:15:04 AM
How about the gas stations that serve them Cal? Eh? :P
They serve Orca meat at Texas gas stations?  Man don't mess with Texas people  :(