Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on July 23, 2015, 11:44:28 AM
Quote from: Liep on July 23, 2015, 11:15:10 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 23, 2015, 11:13:23 AM
Does anyone know, what do you call those digital cameras halfway between the basic pocket point and shoot ones and the big professional ones?
Its not as simple as hybrid, there's some fancy term for them.
DSLR?
That sounds right. Thanks. Looking into getting one. Of course not even knowing what they're called is a great start.

Nerd camera site:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9566705626/buying-a-digital-slr?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text&ref=mainmenu
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Technically the ones the pros use are also DSLRs. Just higher end ones.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

You might want to look into mirrorless cameras as well.

Ideologue

Indeed.  They're the only way you can photograph vampires.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on July 23, 2015, 12:57:58 PM
Technically the ones the pros use are also DSLRs. Just higher end ones.
Yes, yes we do.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Maladict on July 23, 2015, 05:58:37 PM
You might want to look into mirrorless cameras as well.
depends on how much you want to spend.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on July 23, 2015, 06:02:45 PM
Indeed.  They're the only way you can photograph vampires.
I doubt the curse of Clan Lasombra can be defeated by something as petty as that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Does anyone know, what do you call those digital cameras halfway between the basic pocket point and shoot ones and the big professional ones?
DSLR?
That sounds right. Thanks. Looking into getting one. Of course not even knowing what they're called is a great start.

Maybe you mean one of those one's that is like a point-and-shoot (e.g. that doesn't have you messing with interchangeable lenses like a DSLR), but still has high-zoom optics.  Like one of these...

Though the P900 is probably on the high/large-end of those types...it looks like it is almost DSLR size.

Liep

I wouldn't really bother with interchangeable lenses either. I almost never bother on the one I bought and wished I had bought a smaller version of what Tonitrus is talking about.

Maybe a Sony Cyber-shot.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

My daughter had her first eye exam today. We have to go again on Tuesday wether she has strabismus or simply the capacity to move her eyes independantly.

:shifty:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I refuse to go to Sea World and places of its ilk because I don't believe Orcas should be imprisoned like that and forced to perform tricks.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 23, 2015, 11:16:57 PM
DSLR?

Maybe you mean one of those one's that is like a point-and-shoot (e.g. that doesn't have you messing with interchangeable lenses like a DSLR), but still has high-zoom optics.  Like one of these...

Though the P900 is probably on the high/large-end of those types...it looks like it is almost DSLR size.

We have a Sony PowerShot SX520HS, takes good pics, awesome zoom.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
I refuse to go to Sea World and places of its ilk because I don't believe Orcas should be imprisoned like that and forced to perform tricks.  :(

And yet, you work in HR?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points