And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on July 15, 2015, 04:10:07 PM
When?

In the future, when the real racists stopped holding you back.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

When?

The organization didn't have its first black executive secretary until the 1920s

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 15, 2015, 04:45:47 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Francis_White

Don't think it mentions his lucrative side job.   :bowler:

You mean someone who was born to two former slaves?

Btw, if you just wanted a breed who could pass don't need to delve into history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Jealous
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

He's Jealous, not White.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Btw, the rebel flag stuff is posted by the same sister of mine who was pissed that their church (LDS :bleeding: ) kicked them out because her daughter came out as lesbian. She's very pro-gay rights well, with 3 out of 4 kids being homosexual, it's to be expected).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Tonitrus

Was reading a thing online on the World War 2-era Me323 Gigant, and...

Nazis = Cobra? :hmm:

At least, in the open-door position, it looks like it could have been some crazy vehicle designed as a toy drawn from the cartoon.  :P

Syt

The four big religions:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

You're correct in a technical sense, but I think it's pretty much a de facto rule (with a small number of exceptions) that you need to be black to head an NAACP chapter.  I doubt Ms. Dolezal would have become chapter president without her blackface ruse, for example.

Funny you should say that. I was listening to NPR shortly after the church shooting and they were going to have on some guy with advice to white people who want to take part in Civil Rights and all that. Well I was not sure what I was expecting. Maybe a list of organizations that need manpower or how to call your local community organizer or whatever. Instead the guy's advice was that white people shouldn't seize power and control civil rights organizations and let the black people lead.

Really? That was your advice? Don't seize power? I don't know if white people inspired by the church shooting to help are as mad for power as this guy makes them out to be :lol:

But who knows? Maybe white people joining up just to seize control is a big problem in civil rights organizations.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Savonarola on July 14, 2015, 02:00:30 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 14, 2015, 11:43:01 AM
I am in Southern Italy right now and it's a veritable hellhole over here weatherwise. Hot humid weather FTL.  :bleeding:

Are you getting the Sirocco?

There is very little wind going on, only the occasional sea breeze that helps greatly.

Syt

http://www.thelocal.de/20150715/german-police-put-aggressive-squirrel-behind-bars

QuotePolice put aggressive squirrel behind bars

Police in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) published a video on their Facebook page on Wednesday, showing an officer at the station feeding honey to a cute little squirrel.

The reason? The animal had just been 'arrested' and taken into custody, police said in a press release.

Earlier that morning, police had received an unusual emergency call from a young woman in Bottrop.

While walking down the street in the west German city, the woman found herself being chased by the squirrel.

Unable to shake the animal off, she eventually called the police for help – and an officer was quick to come to her aid.

After capturing the rodent, officers brought it back to the station, where it was discovered that the animal was showing symptoms of exhaustion.

The video, on the Polizei NRW Facebook page, has already been viewed around 12,000 times.

NRW police say the squirrel will be transferred to a rescue centre once it has recovered its strength.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

He's getting better care than that Toronto raccoon got.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

In Spanish news, the two main nationalist Catalan parties have formed an united front for this fall's upcoming election. They have vowed to declare unilateral independence within 9 months if they win a majority.

Polls show them just short of that, although a smaller, far left, separatist party is likely to support them in such an endeavor. Obviously the Spanish government won't sit idly while this happens, so it should be a fun ride.

Anyway, I will set up the "vote for looks only" languish thread when the time comes.