News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

And you know I'll have to use them constantly, because it's below freezing for half the year. In fact, I might asphyxiate from the gas, due to being trapped in a blizzard or avalanche, before I even have the chance to explode.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on July 02, 2015, 02:12:23 PM
In Pittsburgh, I'm probably gonna have gas heat. The alternative is a radiator. Either way, I expect to die, it's just a choice of kinds of explosions. :(

Maybe you'll just die of asphyxiation, like Zola.  Think of how jealous Valmy will be.  :frog:

When are you moving to Pittsburgh, Ide?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Like Aug 1-15. In that timeframe.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on July 02, 2015, 02:17:59 PM
Like Aug 1-15. In that timeframe.

That will give you a chance to adjust to the brutal northern lands before the onset of winter.  Do you have a job lined up in Pittsburgh?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

I have prospects. I'm a highly educated, experienced professional.

I'm considering taking the Penn bar. Ugh.
Kinemalogue

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on July 02, 2015, 02:16:21 PM
Maybe you'll just die of asphyxiation, like Zola.  Think of how jealous Valmy will be.  :frog:

I would be a beautiful tribute to a beautiful man :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on July 02, 2015, 02:29:59 PM
I have prospects. I'm a highly educated, experienced professional.

I'm considering taking the Penn bar. Ugh.

I take it then you're moving there for a woman; (I assume one who has a job in Pittsburgh.)  How long have you been together?

Ideologue

Since January. She's going to grad school in the liberal arts at CMU. It's sort of like a job.
Kinemalogue

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 02, 2015, 02:44:46 PM
Since January. She's going to grad school in the liberal arts at CMU. It's sort of like a job.

I take it that you haven't incessently worried her ears with your "STEM" lecture?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

In the liberal arts? Dear God man how could you let this happen?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Her job is to lie back and mass produce heirs for ide, she can study whatever she likes.
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on July 02, 2015, 02:44:46 PM

In a decade a job that might actually pay.   ;)

I liked Pittsburgh, I thought it had a neat downtown (although my basis for comparison is Detroit.)  Is she going for her PhD?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on July 02, 2015, 02:08:49 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 02, 2015, 11:29:16 AM
I have natural gas fireplaces and radiant floor heating throughout the house.  That works very well when it is cold.  We have no A/C at all and that normally isn't a problem because summer temperatures are normally moderate.  But this year has been a significant exception.  If we have many more summers like this I am going to look at installing an A/C system of some sort.

There are various options for that, if you don't already have ducts. I went with a ductless wall-mounted unit, because my house is relatively small & compact and it was easy to have installed.

My problem is the large square footage even if I was only going to cool the top two floors.  I should have given global warming more serious thought when I bought this place.  :Embarrass:

Grey Fox

You can buy one big enough to cool any square footage, do not worry.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 02, 2015, 03:01:08 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 02, 2015, 02:08:49 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 02, 2015, 11:29:16 AM
I have natural gas fireplaces and radiant floor heating throughout the house.  That works very well when it is cold.  We have no A/C at all and that normally isn't a problem because summer temperatures are normally moderate.  But this year has been a significant exception.  If we have many more summers like this I am going to look at installing an A/C system of some sort.

There are various options for that, if you don't already have ducts. I went with a ductless wall-mounted unit, because my house is relatively small & compact and it was easy to have installed.

My problem is the large square footage even if I was only going to cool the top two floors.  I should have given global warming more serious thought when I bought this place.  :Embarrass:

There are also units with mini-ducts, ans a unit in the ceiling - that could work.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius