News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 02, 2015, 08:19:51 PM
Whiny baby post:  I had a little procedure done for the calcific tendonitis in my shoulder that has been bothering me for about a year now.  Only took them 5 or so minutes to jam a bunch of needles into my damn shoulder in an attempt to "break it up because it's like a rock," and fuck man it hurts more than it did before.   :cry:

:smarty: "Okay we're all set.  This is going to be like a bee sting!"
:nerd: "Heh.  I've never been stung by a bee."
:smarty: "Like a rattlesnake bite then! Okay here we go!"
:blink: "...wait...."

Doctor jokes:  Not so good.

E:  Basically in addition to the usual pain from the tendonitis, it now also feels all....kind of hard to describe...like deeply bruised?

Hang in there

Hopefully you will feel some relief soon

jimmy olsen

Egypt is lower than Iraq, Pakistan or Afghanistan? What the hell?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

I think the biggest surprise on there, to me at least, is France.  :)

Josquius

Wow the us is self hating.

Strange to see so much approval in Korea. They answered under duress?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Philippines at 92.  Turns out counterinsurgency works?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Police have raided an old man's villa near Kiel after hints that he might store some war memorabilia.

Among the things they recovered:

The man's lawyer says that his client broke no laws because all of the items had been rendered unusable for combat and are therefore exempt from the War Weapons Control Act.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

China likes us more than Taiwan?  :huh:

Also, what is Sri Lanka's problem?  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Chad is gay for America.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 03, 2015, 02:40:20 AM
China likes us more than Taiwan?  :huh:

Also, what is Sri Lanka's problem?  <_<
America says killing the Tamils wasn't cool?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

German Post has been on strike for several weeks now. Result: millions of letters, invoices, legal documents, medication, periodicals are delayed or not delivered at all; in some areas more, in others less. Which sucks if you have to meet a deadline with the stuff you sent.

"Use a different mail service then."

Well, you can't really. For packages there's plenty alternatives, but not really for letters, unless you want to send them all by expensive courier.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

They have an important job then, pay them.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on July 03, 2015, 02:49:22 AM
German Post has been on strike for several weeks now. Result: millions of letters, invoices, legal documents, medication, periodicals are delayed or not delivered at all; in some areas more, in others less. Which sucks if you have to meet a deadline with the stuff you sent.

"Use a different mail service then."

Well, you can't really. For packages there's plenty alternatives, but not really for letters, unless you want to send them all by expensive courier.

Fire one in ten.

Syt

Quote from: Liep on July 03, 2015, 02:59:43 AM
They have an important job then, pay them.

Well, the Post restructured their package delivery to be able to class ca. 6,000 of their 140,000 employees into a different bargaining agreement. The union is fighting against it. The union is also asking for a pay increase of 2.7% in 2016 and a one off payment of EUR 500.- for all employees.

Compared to other union demands in other areas it seems rather reasonable.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

According to the Swedish Deputy Prime Minister Auschwitz is in Southern Germany. IM LEARNING STUFFS