The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2015, 07:38:26 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 02, 2015, 07:34:19 AM
I will be holding a cookout on the 4th. The frogs have been invited.

Yes, it is like the cookout scene in that DeNiro movie where he is hiding in France.

What kind(s) of booze are you serving?

Wine and beer. There will be a few Brits there. You can't swing a dead cat in Normandy without hitting a Brit trying to avoid living in England.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

The fourth is a somber day to reflect on the twin defeats of vicksburg and gettysburg and the sacrifices made in the name of the country's independence.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2015, 04:15:51 AM
It seems that whenever the US is getting shit done, Europe is going to hell in hand basket, and vice versa. The Bush era was when the US was in decline and Europe was in ascendancy, but since about 2007 or so it's the opposite - reason and tolerance are winning in the US and prejudice is winning in Europe.
So let's hope the the republicans win the next us election?
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2015, 06:08:25 AM
Oddly, that was also the next video on their site that I watched.  :ph34r:

I wonder why... :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on July 02, 2015, 08:51:59 AM
So let's hope the the republicans win the next us election?

They cannot lose forever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/7/1/8861183/james-hammes-appalachian-trail-bismarck

A Very nice article about trail culture (a little about a murder story). It is not something I knew existed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

It's too hot so I got sent home from work :w00t:
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on July 02, 2015, 10:04:48 AM
It's too hot so I got sent home from work :w00t:

Do they not have AC in Switzerland?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Syt

We may hit 100°F/38°C next week in Vienna. :bleeding:

And no, most houses (except new office buildings and shops/malls) are not fitted with A/C, because until recently it wasn't required (just like some houses in the South would have poor heating).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2015, 10:07:47 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 02, 2015, 10:07:13 AM
No

So hard for me to imagine a world without AC.

Yes. I agree. I live in a place where both AC & Heating is required. Having neither? Are you in Africa?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

lustindarkness

Bah, we hit 100 early June.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom