News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It appears this little bugger doesn't have a name yet, but my is it adorable (which probably means it will end up on an Asian restaurant menu):

:wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

QuoteNewly Discovered Octopus Is So Darn Cute It Could Be Officially Named "Adorable"

This tiny octopus looks as though it could be a character out of a Pixar movie. With large eyes, tiny flapping fins and a blob-like body, the octopus is too adorable. In fact, this magnificent mollusc is so adorable, it might just be scientifically named so.

"As someone that's describing the species you get to pick what the specific name is," Stephanie Bush, a postdoctoral fellow at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, told Science Friday. "One of the thoughts I had was making it Opisthoteuthis adorabilis—because they're really cute."

lustindarkness

I hope they are poisonous.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Did anyone hear about Malthus flogging Molly at a Bordello?

Syt

Average annual population change in Europe, 2001 - 2011:

—Stephen Jay Gould

MadImmortalMan

Berlin really is vacuuming up everything around it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 24, 2015, 12:58:08 AM
Looks like everywhere in East Germany is growing except Berlin.

EDIT: Wait, red is growth? What a fucked up map.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 24, 2015, 12:58:08 AM

Also, many East Germans went westward.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

I was looking around on Google maps, and came across Skynet's hunter-killer warehouse....

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0404005,-117.3767375,58m/data=!3m1!1e3

Liep

"For foreign policy experts, America is number one. But, from an economic perspective, the Danes win"

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/65e3be20-1991-11e5-8201-cbdb03d71480.html :yeah:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Percentage of population with a negative impression of: Romani, Muslims, Blacks, Homosexuals, Jews:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Had to look up Tyskland.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point