The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

3!
Altho, only 1 I actually knew.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

So I was in my parents' basement digging around and found an old set of Star Wars Empire Strikes Back trading cards.  Or at least it's mostly a set.  Need to track down a few cards to complete it.  Anyway, in that same box I had some unopened wax packs and about 4 or 5 unopened packs of early 1980s hockey cards.  My brother started hyperventilating when he saw the hockey card packs.

Anyway, not sure if my mentality back in the day was "hey I'll leave these unopened because they might be worth something someday" or if I was just too lazy to open them all.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Today's "I'm getting too old for this shit young people do:" Chevrolet's emoji press release.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

They're getting bailed out again?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

:D

even I, I am too old for this. Fuck me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

My dad, coming to terms with Google Voice recognition: "I said artist materials in Enfield Town and got hottest matures in Enfield Town. Don't think I'll bother." :-D

lustindarkness

Quote from: Brazen on June 22, 2015, 12:00:29 PM
My dad, coming to terms with Google Voice recognition: "I said artist materials in Enfield Town and got hottest matures in Enfield Town. Don't think I'll bother." :-D

So, did he say just how hot they were?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 22, 2015, 11:50:18 AM
:D

even I, I am too old for this. Fuck me.

I honestly didn't expect society to go back to hieroglyphics during my lifetime.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2015, 11:28:54 AM
Today's "I'm getting too old for this shit young people do:" Chevrolet's emoji press release.

:hmm: Is that a ransom note?

Malthus

I was dragged out to a concert yesterday by my wife - Flogging Molly and Gogol Bordello (my wife got free tickets from her buddy again).

It was very good - I had never heard Flogging Molly before, and I liked them a lot ('sort of like the Pogues, but with less booze and more teeth', my wife remarked), but standing for four hours was a strain.  :D This time, we weren't the only comparative geezers in the audience - the first time we saw Gogol Bordello, we were the only oldsters amidst a sea of teenybopping punks; this time, the greying brigade was out in force.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on June 22, 2015, 03:47:36 PM
I was dragged out to a concert yesterday by my wife - Flogging Molly and Gogol Bordello (my wife got free tickets from her buddy again).

It was very good - I had never heard Flogging Molly before, and I liked them a lot ('sort of like the Pogues, but with less booze and more teeth', my wife remarked), but standing for four hours was a strain.  :D This time, we weren't the only comparative geezers in the audience - the first time we saw Gogol Bordello, we were the only oldsters amidst a sea of teenybopping punks; this time, the greying brigade was out in force.
I will be at a concert tomorrow.  Jimmy Buffett  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Your city government working hard for you!

QuoteWISCONSIN CITY BANS USE OF KANGAROOS AS SERVICE ANIMALS

BEAVER DAM (:perv:), Wis. -- Officials have changed a southeastern Wisconsin city's rules on service animals after a woman took a baby kangaroo into a McDonald's restaurant.

The Beaver Dam Daily Citizen reports the city's Common Council voted 14-0 Monday night to define a service animal as a dog or miniature horse, but not a kangaroo. Police can cite people who try to use other animals.

Beaver Dam police say the woman wrapped the baby kangaroo in a blanket and tucked it in an infant car seat, then took it inside a McDonald's in February. The woman has said the kangaroo is a therapy animal to help her cope with emotional distress.

City Attorney Maryann Schacht says the changes comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

:outback:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

The ADA is meaningless now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall