News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Wouldn't a 7/11 in your building be very... convenient... for you?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on May 07, 2015, 12:41:27 PM
Wouldn't a 7/11 in your building be very... convenient... for you?

In theory, but it's so goddamn expensive that I would probably still go to the mini market 100m down the road.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on May 07, 2015, 07:41:46 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2015, 08:04:29 PM
Learned some new foreign slang today.  Australians don't ditch class, they bunk class.

Apparantly, this Canadian company' clothing logo is oddly popular in Australia:

http://canada.roots.com/

Nothing odd about it.  "Root" is Aussie for "fuck."  "Beaver" has the same slang meaning as it does in Canada.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

I never thought about 7-eleven not being all over Europe before. Any idea why it's only in Scandinavia?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2015, 12:56:52 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 07, 2015, 07:41:46 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2015, 08:04:29 PM
Learned some new foreign slang today.  Australians don't ditch class, they bunk class.

Apparantly, this Canadian company' clothing logo is oddly popular in Australia:

http://canada.roots.com/

Nothing odd about it.  "Root" is Aussie for "fuck."  "Beaver" has the same slang meaning as it does in Canada.

That ... was the joke.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

We picked up breakfast at a 7/11 in Copenhagen in 2003 or so. It was expensive and not very good.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I cringe at the thought of eating 7/11 breakfast.  Their hotdogs are decent however.

Syt

Well, at the time it was the only thing on a Sunday morning we could find for breakfast.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2015, 02:06:03 PM
I cringe at the thought of eating 7/11 breakfast.  Their hotdogs are decent however.
They do good fried chicken.
American dogs are sometimes an interesting experience too
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I like the smug gay guy in the hat behind her.
And she's dressed funny :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2015, 05:17:19 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 07, 2015, 05:39:46 PM
Oh Cal!
We don't have 7/11 here... only Circle K. :sleep:
Strange things are afoot down at the Circle K.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

:D

Stoners are a common sight there, so I guess I'd have to agree.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points