News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Learned some new foreign slang today.  Australians don't ditch class, they bunk class.

Sheilbh

So do the English, also skiving.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

The DHL guy is an early bird. He's previously delivered packages to me as early as 7:15 am. Today he set a new record with 6:55 am.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Freaking Switzerland. The trains here are not only expensive but crap.
I'm used to 5 minute delays. They are welcome as I am also often late.
But today my wait is 25.
Yesterday evening it was 20 and yesterday morning 40.
Day before that the train was only 10 minutes late... But stopped halfway home so we had to get a bus the rest of the way.
This is ridiculous.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on May 07, 2015, 01:56:04 AM
Freaking Switzerland. The trains here are not only expensive but crap.
I'm used to 5 minute delays. They are welcome as I am also often late.
But today my wait is 25.
Yesterday evening it was 20 and yesterday morning 40.
Day before that the train was only 10 minutes late... But stopped halfway home so we had to get a bus the rest of the way.
This is ridiculous.

But.. but.. it's the Swiss! :o Trains, watches and banks are what they can do.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Yeah, I heard that Swiss trains are awesome and almost always on time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2015, 03:34:06 AM

Yeah, when I traveled extensively around Switzerland in March every single train was on time, except the Italian one.  :D

DGuller

Quote from: Maladict on May 07, 2015, 04:13:55 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2015, 03:34:06 AM

Yeah, when I traveled extensively around Switzerland in March every single train was on time, except the Italian one.  :D
Well, not surprising, Italians got rid of their train logistics guy some time ago.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2015, 08:04:29 PM
Learned some new foreign slang today.  Australians don't ditch class, they bunk class.

Apparantly, this Canadian company' clothing logo is oddly popular in Australia:

http://canada.roots.com/

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

It also gives the crew a blow job while in combat.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

I'm sure you're all familiar with Pulp's anthem "Common People". Apparently Jarvis Cocker wrote the song inspired in a real girl he met while studying at St. Martin's in the 80s. And you know which Greek woman studied  sculpture at St. Martin's between '83 and '88, and is the daughter of a wealthy businessman, thus fitting the "she came from Greece/she had a thirst for knowledge/she studied sculpture at St. Martin's College/she told me that he dad was loaded" lyrics?

Danae Stratou, Yanis Varoufakis' wife.  :ph34r:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/is-the-mystery-woman-in-pulps-common-people-really-the-greek-finance-ministers-wife-10232324.html

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

The business (currently an office) at street level in my building is moving out and we don't yet know what'll rent the space instead. 7/11 was mentioned though. :bleeding: But so was Lagkagehuset (House of Cake). :mmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

██████
██████
██████