News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on May 05, 2015, 12:16:50 PM
The joke is funny, in fact the whole video is hilarious.  What's your point?

That the "nerds not getting laid" theme recurs throughout the video.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on May 05, 2015, 12:18:07 PM

I thought the question was over the existence of women nerds, not the amount of sex the nerds are having.

Admiral Yi

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on May 05, 2015, 12:21:33 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 05, 2015, 12:18:07 PM

I thought the question was over the existence of women nerds, not the amount of sex the nerds are having.

I don't think I ever claimed there were zero.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2015, 12:22:54 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Who's the more foolish...the fool or the fool who follows him?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 05, 2015, 11:38:03 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 05, 2015, 11:29:28 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 05, 2015, 11:21:47 AM
A Five Guys is opening kinda close, worth it?

Definitely.  I'd avoid paying attention to the hype, though, and just enjoy it for what it is: a really tasty, unhealthy burger with tasty, unhealthy fries.

Ok!

I looked it up, there is even one much closer to work.

There is one opening soon in the food court in my building ... but I never eat food court food: strictly salads from home, these days. Otherwise, I expand.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

It's how I found out they existed, I saw a tweet on the FCP opening.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 05, 2015, 12:43:14 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 05, 2015, 11:38:03 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 05, 2015, 11:29:28 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 05, 2015, 11:21:47 AM
A Five Guys is opening kinda close, worth it?

Definitely.  I'd avoid paying attention to the hype, though, and just enjoy it for what it is: a really tasty, unhealthy burger with tasty, unhealthy fries.

Ok!

I looked it up, there is even one much closer to work.

There is one opening soon in the food court in my building ... but I never eat food court food: strictly salads from home, these days. Otherwise, I expand.  :(

http://www.feabie.com/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Oh to be single again.

Eddie Teach

Ask your wife for a hall pass.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Last Friday I noticed a place near me named "Pita House". I thought I'd grab a bite to eat, but it was closed. I saw on the menu they have falafel, which was exciting because there aren't many places nearby that do, and so I went back on Saturday, and it was closed. I was like, wtf kind of place isn't open on Friday afternoon and Saturday?

Today I went back and it was open, and I talked to the owner. Hardly anyone was there. Turns out he is keeping kosher so he is closed for shabbat. Apparently he has been open for almost two years, and even though I'm down the street I never noticed. He was really excited about making it two years, because he said business should only increase from the establishment phase. His place is rather large and in an affluent area. I'm guessing that he won't make it to year three.  :cry:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on May 05, 2015, 10:25:22 PM
Last Friday I noticed a place near me named "Pita House". I thought I'd grab a bite to eat, but it was closed. I saw on the menu they have falafel, which was exciting because there aren't many places nearby that do, and so I went back on Saturday, and it was closed. I was like, wtf kind of place isn't open on Friday afternoon and Saturday?

Today I went back and it was open, and I talked to the owner. Hardly anyone was there. Turns out he is keeping kosher so he is closed for shabbat. Apparently he has been open for almost two years, and even though I'm down the street I never noticed. He was really excited about making it two years, because he said business should only increase from the establishment phase. His place is rather large and in an affluent area. I'm guessing that he won't make it to year three.  :cry:
You should sit down with him and offer him some business advice.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on May 05, 2015, 10:30:41 PM

You should sit down with him and offer him some business advice.

I think it's a bit late, but some ideas:

-don't offer what is really street food in the middle east in a large restaurant in an affluent area in Atlanta
-in Atlanta, don't rent a large restaurant in an affluent area if you are going to close on Friday and Saturday
-Pita House is a shitty name for a restaurant trying to get by in Georgia
-he said he has never advertised, not sure that was smart

Except for the last point, those aren't really fixable, and I wonder if he still has the money for the last one.
-

Tonitrus

Syt

In other German strike news, public Kindergartens will go on strike on Friday for an indefinite period (though I don't know how widespread it'll be, or if it will be in all geographical areas - often such strikes focus on a few high impact areas).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.