News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

I will perform the Barbarossa ofensive of charm if I ever get anywhere close to her, believe me.  :ph34r: Or Bagration, otherwise I'd stop right near the goal without achieving it.  :lol:

Syt

This music video was filmed 35 years ago on April 28th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuObGsB0No

http://post-punk.com/the-video-for-love-will-tear-us-apart-was-filmed-35-years-ago-today/

Curtis killed himself less than a month later.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

But he looks so peppy in the video.

Norgy

Jon Oliver's show just gets better and better.

MadImmortalMan

I'm in SF. As soon as I opened the car door there was a dude asking me for money. San Francisco literally did not give me five seconds of peace once I began breathing the city air before the first exhortation came. Amazing efficiency. 10/10.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 30, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
I'm in SF. As soon as I opened the car door there was a dude asking me for money. San Francisco literally did not give me five seconds of peace once I began breathing the city air before the first exhortation came. Amazing efficiency. 10/10.
Sounds familiar.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 30, 2015, 08:36:38 PM

Would/Will visit again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Holy cow.
Major small world moment.
In the train station in the small swiss town where I work I was just walking to my train and some guy says "hi tyr" I say hello to him and ask what he is doing here,  vaguely recognizing him as somebody from the city where I'm living....
Then it dawns on me. Nope. It's a guy from my home town.  I went to comprehensive school and college with him. Haven't seen him for years and aren't in contact.
Turns out he has been living in my work town for the past 3 years.
That's just.... Blimey.... Totally not expected at all. Good on him for recognizing me. We might have walked past each other a few times already as it took me a while.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

So drunk...why am I still up?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 01, 2015, 11:50:06 AM
So drunk...why am I still up?
News needs to be posted 24/7?

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on May 01, 2015, 11:03:17 AM
Holy cow.
Major small world moment.
In the train station in the small swiss town where I work I was just walking to my train and some guy says "hi tyr" I say hello to him and ask what he is doing here,  vaguely recognizing him as somebody from the city where I'm living....
Then it dawns on me. Nope. It's a guy from my home town.  I went to comprehensive school and college with him. Haven't seen him for years and aren't in contact.
Turns out he has been living in my work town for the past 3 years.
That's just.... Blimey.... Totally not expected at all. Good on him for recognizing me. We might have walked past each other a few times already as it took me a while.
One time that happened to me but in that case I totally forgot who the person was, including her name.  How embarassing. :blush:

It made me think she probably thought I didn't think highly of her, which wasn't the case as she had a very hot Texas accent and great tits.  But I somehow managed to forget about her existence anyway.

edit: I'm trying but once again I cannot remember her name. :bleeding:  I think it might have been Kelly, and no clue on the last name.  At least it's been 14 years this time around though.

Admiral Yi

Ben E. King is dead.  :sleep:

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on May 01, 2015, 03:35:08 PM
One time that happened to me but in that case I totally forgot who the person was, including her name.  How embarassing. :blush:

It made me think she probably thought I didn't think highly of her, which wasn't the case as she had a very hot Texas accent and great tits.  But I somehow managed to forget about her existence anyway.

edit: I'm trying but once again I cannot remember her name. :bleeding:  I think it might have been Kelly, and no clue on the last name.  At least it's been 14 years this time around though.
I struggled/obsessed with that for almost an hour and finally remembered her name.  Did a bit of FB stalking and discovered she's quite a hot little MILF now. :)

Josquius

██████
██████
██████