News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I mean, I've had random chicks try to friend me on Facebook (not the obviously fake scammer/extortionist profiles... actual females that are friends of friends).  Why else would they do such a thing unless they saw my profile and thought I was attractive?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 10, 2015, 09:12:52 AM
I mean, I've had random chicks try to friend me on Facebook (not the obviously fake scammer/extortionist profiles... actual females that are friends of friends).  Why else would they do such a thing unless they saw my profile and thought I was attractive?

Or they might just friend every single person who pops up on their 'people you might know' list.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

I won't friend any of you people
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2015, 09:18:37 AM
I won't friend any of you people

Yes, Hurley. You are there, we know.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2015, 09:16:06 AM
Or they might just friend every single person who pops up on their 'people you might know' list.
Please leave me to my fantasies. :)

Ed Anger

I'm going to to enjoy my white privilege this afternoon. Have fun kids.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2015, 09:33:58 AM
I'm going to to enjoy my white privilege this afternoon. Have fun kids.

Going to confront the cops with a lower percentage chance of getting shot?

derspiess

Your lederhosen, duh.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

You increment their friend count by 1.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 10, 2015, 10:43:22 AM

Then shouldn't they friend katmai instead?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I don't think Caliga goes around unfriending anyone who's friends with Katmai. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 10, 2015, 10:47:07 AM
I don't think Caliga goes around unfriending anyone who's friends with Katmai. :unsure:

:huh: He doesn't? I do.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 10, 2015, 10:43:22 AM

Yeah, I don't get the value in having a huge friend count.  If I get a friend request I put them through a good deal of scrutiny before I add them.  Way better to go lean & mean and only add people you really want to stay in touch with.

What I don't get is when someone flips about about being unfriended, and they seem to find out about it soon after it happens.  How do you keep tabs on that without basically stalking someone's profile? 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Hm, I dunno.  I've been unfriended and AFAIK there's no way.  Earlier today I noticed Zoups had unfriended me at some point, but no clue when.