News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Valmy has a new facebook friend....my sister.

Communication between the 2 will be interesting.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Watching some Star Trek and knowing Nimoy just died makes me think---I don't think it would be a good thing if I had a close relative in film or TV. (Jimmy Stewart is a relative, but distant.) When they die it would be weird. You could still see them every day if you want, but you would know it was them but not them. Or something.

Like if you could see your dead father any time you want on netflix. That's just creepy.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

So yesteday I bought an extra strong chili fruit from the local grocer and my veggie curry proceeded to kick ass, much to my delight.

But when I put on my contacts this morning I learned that I should've probably handled it with gloves on. OUCH.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 10, 2015, 01:10:42 AM
Watching some Star Trek and knowing Nimoy just died makes me think---I don't think it would be a good thing if I had a close relative in film or TV. (Jimmy Stewart is a relative, but distant.) When they die it would be weird. You could still see them every day if you want, but you would know it was them but not them. Or something.

Like if you could see your dead father any time you want on netflix. That's just creepy.

I'll definitely want a close relative in film or TV.  I'll practise saying "throw us a bone here, please" in the nicest way possible.  With smiles :worthy:

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 09, 2015, 08:37:31 PM
Valmy has a new facebook friend....my sister.

Yeah that was weird. Why did she friend me? I thought maybe it was your wife but then I remembered you are not actually married so you wouldn't share a last name.

Probably not as weird as my ex friending Fahdiz and then proceeding to post on his timeline. I wonder if he ever wondered who the fuck this person was.

QuoteCommunication between the 2 will be interesting.

Probably not so much :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

There's another Languishta whose sis is hot... not that I am a creepy FB stalker but I recall seeing pics come across my feed and thinking that.  I actually think it might be yours. :lol:  If not, maybe Tyr's?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2015, 08:46:23 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 10, 2015, 08:45:00 AM
Is his sister hot? :)

Yes. Yes she is. Sorry GF.

Eh, it's not like I didn't know.

The communication comment is because she doesn't really speak english.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 10, 2015, 08:49:16 AM
There's another Languishta whose sis is hot... not that I am a creepy FB stalker but I recall seeing pics come across my feed and thinking that.  I actually think it might be yours. :lol:  If not, maybe Tyr's?

Doesn't Katmai have a crush on Liep's sister?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 10, 2015, 09:04:53 AM

I read French just fine :)

Granted Facebook internet French can be kind of challenging.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2015, 09:06:16 AM

I read French just fine :)

Granted Facebook internet French can be kind of challenging.

Excellent.

Also, I have no idea why she friended you.

Caliga

Eh, it's not like I didn't know.
I thought people were like programmed to not look at their opposite sex siblings in that way? :hmm:

I wouldn't know because my sister died long before puberty, so I only have a brother now.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 10, 2015, 09:07:53 AM
Also, I have no idea why she friended you.
Because he's handsome? :)

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 10, 2015, 09:10:21 AM
I thought people were like programmed to not look at their opposite sex siblings in that way? :hmm:

They don't. But we are not blind either.

It would be like if your mom was hot.