News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

I don't know if it's an April Fools or not, but Italian newspapers are reporting that a shipment of cocaine belonging to the Ndrangheta was on board at the Costa Concordia, the cruise ship that sank two years ago.  :ph34r:

MadImmortalMan

Andrew Getty was found dead due to a "rectal injury".
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

:pinch: Those are a pain in the ass.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

I'm switching daycares for my son at the end of April. I feel badly for the current daycare. I love the lady & I hate taking revenue from her. She was doing a marvelous job for the past 8 months.
I always say you gotta live with your choices but I haven't finish processing this one. Fixing something that wasn't broken annoys me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Then why are you switching?  Price?

Grey Fox

No price is the same. He's joining my daughter in a bigger daycare.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 01, 2015, 09:36:20 PM

The best part about our daycare is that all three of my boys are in it together.  And big brother Timmy does in fact look out for his little brothers - I love to see it.

We're however in the process of trying to hire a live-in nanny.  Extremely frustrating process.

But we're doing it because it should be cheaper than the freaking $2300/month we're spending on daycare right now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on April 01, 2015, 04:49:43 AM
The first Dunkin' Donut opened in Copenhagen today in total chaos. They had promised a year supplies of donuts to the first 100 customers so people had been camping out in front of the store for days. But closing in on opening hour some people tried to cut in line and it turned violent. Windows were smashed.
Queue jumpers are worse than hitler
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on April 01, 2015, 10:25:05 PM

The best part about our daycare is that all three of my boys are in it together.  And big brother Timmy does in fact look out for his little brothers - I love to see it.

We're however in the process of trying to hire a live-in nanny.  Extremely frustrating process.

But we're doing it because it should be cheaper than the freaking $2300/month we're spending on daycare right now.

:mellow:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2015, 02:30:54 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 01, 2015, 10:25:05 PM

:mellow:

Translation: Ide wants to be your live-in nanny.

Eddie Teach

If he does, that suggests lack of exposure to very young children.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

It's strange that we're coming full-circle to where it's actually cheaper to hire a Mary Poppins than use a day care.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Thought I'd share this picture from the Warsaw city centre from the Summer of 1945 (i.e. after the destruction of the Warsaw Uprising and subsequent "liberation" by the Soviets).

A wooden shack where women could get manicure and pedicure. In a sense it's kinda awesome.