Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2015, 10:08:44 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 09, 2015, 09:46:40 PM
Is there anything in Beaumont-sur-Mer?

I've got something for you in Beaumont, TX.

Oh, god, the lovebugs clogging my air filter. I literally had to stop and scrape them out. Twice.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Most popular sport by country/US state:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Table tennis in Swedish is pingis. *giggle*
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Table Tennis?  Really China?  And every single province to boot.

Laos and Cambodia are so much more awesome with their kickboxing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

China, more peaceful than Mongolia (wrestling) and Bhutan (archery).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

I so do not get the complete world love for Soccer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2015, 08:36:18 AM

We should be comforted by the fact horse archery is not the #1 sport in Mongolia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 10, 2015, 08:39:42 AM

I guess it's two factors:
- relatively easy rules
- you can play it almost anywhere and with anything, even if you only mark the goals with bricks on either side and use an empty can for a ball
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 10, 2015, 08:39:42 AM

Very happily surprised to see Baseball #1 in both Taiwan and Japan.  Though since the Japanese are two time world champions maybe I should not be surprised.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2015, 08:41:06 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2015, 08:36:18 AM

We should be comforted by the fact horse archery is not the #1 sport in Mongolia.

Lord Takeda is disappointed that it isn't in Japan.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2015, 08:29:02 AM
Most popular sport by country/US state:

I'm stealing this for the P'dox map thread.  ;)

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2015, 08:48:52 AM
I think buzzfeed lied about this being hard.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/the-hardest-name-that-country-quiz-youll-take-today

Yeah that was pretty simple.  It could have been a bit harder if they made us type the name out.

Syt

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/the-hardest-name-that-country-quiz-youll-take-today

Well, I'm probably not going to take another Name That Country quiz today, so technically they'll be correct. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2015, 09:02:44 AM

Well, I'm probably not going to take another Name That Country quiz today, so technically they'll be correct. :P

:lol:

Too good!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.