News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Those are surprisingly reasonably priced castles.  You could either get one of those or a 1 bedroom apartment in central London.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2015, 01:42:52 PM
Those are surprisingly reasonably priced castles.  You could either get one of those or a 1 bedroom apartment in central London.

Because they're in the middle of nowhere, with crazy high upkeep.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2015, 01:47:07 PM

To a Canadian who have lived in the Yukon those places would be considered in practically an urban area.  The upkeep is probably right, but if you in the business of buying castles you are better be prepared for that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Watch the neighbors flip the fuck out when I paint "US AIR FORCE" on it and play a countdown through a loudspeaker every morning.

WELCOME TO AUBUSSON AFB USSTRATCOM

crazy canuck

I while back the CC household looked at buying a portion of an isolated Italian village.  The price was right even with the mandatory upkeep costs and security deposit.  But in the end the time it would take to get to our paradise away from home, even after we landed at the airport, was the deal breaker.

MadImmortalMan

What are the property taxes going to cost for a castle in France?

I think I'll pass.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 09, 2015, 02:04:57 PM
What are the property taxes going to cost for a castle in France?

I think I'll pass.

Oh was that the deal breaker?

Josquius

I've just realised why I seem to have a lot of money lately- my rent isn't coming out of my bank account <_<
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2015, 01:48:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2015, 01:47:07 PM

To a Canadian who have lived in the Yukon those places would be considered in practically an urban area.  The upkeep is probably right, but if you in the business of buying castles you are better be prepared for that.

Some of those seem to be designed or meant to be used as luxury hotels rather than residences.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2015, 07:15:37 PM
Some of those seem to be designed or meant to be used as luxury hotels rather than residences.

Not the ones you listed though.  Clearly single family castles.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2015, 07:29:39 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2015, 07:15:37 PM

Not the ones you listed though.  Clearly single family castles.

From the first link I posted:

QuoteA beautiful 18th Century Chateau that has been owned by the same family for generations and was previously run as a very successful and highly respected Chambre d'hocirc;te. This Chateau would make a superb luxury hotel and is well positioned geographically to benefit from an existing tourist trade in the area and a road network that makes airport access extremely convenient. Architects plans have already been drawn up with this project in mind.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 09, 2015, 09:46:40 PM
Is there anything in Beaumont-sur-Mer?

I've got something for you in Beaumont, TX.