And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2015, 09:25:06 PM
My finacial advice to them is buy their food at normal grocery stores and put the wife on Backpage for 300 a session.

My financial advice to them is shut the fuck up.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2015, 10:03:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2015, 09:25:06 PM
My finacial advice to them is buy their food at normal grocery stores and put the wife on Backpage for 300 a session.

My financial advice to them is shut the fuck up.

No fun in that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2015, 10:01:31 PM
Seeds, is there anything that makes you happy?

Fuck's it matter to you?  Fuck off.

Josquius

This weekend. Hmm...
Yesterday was 100% sober whilst so many about me were drunk.
Today I am drunk whilst many around me are sober.

People are stupid.
Yet stupid is fun
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on February 21, 2015, 10:15:04 AM
Quote from: Zanza on February 21, 2015, 09:28:03 AM
I am just calculating whether I can afford an apartment or not. It would cost me about a 25-30% of my current net salary for the next 20 years...  :hmm:

Those sound like really good conditions. Is your job stable? Do you plan to stay in your current place for the foreseeable future?
My job is as stable as they come outside of government employment. I don't have any plans to move somewhere else at the moment. If I move somewhere else, I would probably go there as an expat for my company, which means I could rent out my place and take it back when I return.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on February 22, 2015, 12:34:52 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 21, 2015, 10:15:04 AM
Quote from: Zanza on February 21, 2015, 09:28:03 AM
I am just calculating whether I can afford an apartment or not. It would cost me about a 25-30% of my current net salary for the next 20 years...  :hmm:

Those sound like really good conditions. Is your job stable? Do you plan to stay in your current place for the foreseeable future?
My job is as stable as they come outside of government employment. I don't have any plans to move somewhere else at the moment. If I move somewhere else, I would probably go there as an expat for my company, which means I could rent out my place and take it back when I return.

Then it sounds like a no brainer.

Zanza

The place is ridiculously expensive though. About 5500 Euro per square meter.  :unsure:

Then again it's a very central location in one of Germany's richest cities. And the building is completely new, scheduled for end of 2016.

The Larch

What? The building Isn't finished yet?

Zanza

No, they are just tearing down the old building on the site.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on February 22, 2015, 12:54:33 PM
The place is ridiculously expensive though. About 5500 Euro per square meter.  :unsure:
But does that matter too much. Surely what matters is how expensive it is to your salary and whether you're looking at it as a home or an investment?

If you're not planning to move any time soon then as it's not an investment property how expensive it is shouldn't be too much of a worry. If you move for a while it'll be an income stream and you'll be able to return.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Zanza: if the problem is that you are embarassed by your enormous salary, you could always give a chunk away to charity.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2015, 03:35:21 PM
Zanza: if the problem is that you are embarassed by your enormous salary, you could always give a chunk away to charity.
No worries, I have a middle class income (about 70th to 75th percentile). And I give to charity.
I could afford this apartment as I have a frugal lifestyle (no car, few gadgets, cheapish vacations). But I wonder if I should.