The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 21, 2015, 12:35:23 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2015, 11:30:32 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 20, 2015, 11:27:16 PM
Not you Valmy :o

You kidding me?  I am Commonwealth through and through.

:mad: :ultra:

You should be grateful.  Without the example of Charles I to scare all successive British monarchs into giving up all their power, it would have become a republic long ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

I'd vote for a republic in a snap if we were renamed the Commonwealth of Great Britain and Northern Ireland...maybe with a  Lord Protector indirectly elected by the Council of State :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 21, 2015, 01:35:31 AM
I'd vote for a republic in a snap if we were renamed the Commonwealth of Great Britain and Northern Ireland...maybe with a  Lord Protector indirectly elected by the Council of State :mmm:

But imagine the tragedy when you peer across the battlefield and see Brazen holding the standard of Charles III.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 20, 2015, 05:19:18 PM
So tonight I was sat in a cafe in Borough after work. Over the road a fight kicked off outside a pub.

At seven thirty on a weeknight :bleeding: :x

Fridays mix up people who haven't eaten properly and are tired with speed drinking.
On Saturday they've all day to work up to it
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

I am just calculating whether I can afford an apartment or not. It would cost me about a 25-30% of my current net salary for the next 20 years...  :hmm:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on February 21, 2015, 09:28:03 AM
I am just calculating whether I can afford an apartment or not. It would cost me about a 25-30% of my current net salary for the next 20 years...  :hmm:

Those sound like really good conditions. Is your job stable? Do you plan to stay in your current place for the foreseeable future?

Josquius

1/4 to 1/3 of your salary is the recommended amount you should be spending on rent anyway. If you're sticking in one place then *shrug*
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Tonitrus

I don't know German, but I am guessing it has to do with the respective nation's imperialism.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 21, 2015, 10:36:02 AM
I don't know German, but I am guessing it has to do with the respective nation's imperialism.
It's mocking the Allies for preaching self-determination while simultaneously holding the reins of other peoples.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on February 21, 2015, 10:15:04 AM

Those sound like really good conditions. Is your job stable? Do you plan to stay in your current place for the foreseeable future?
Agreed. That's cheaper than most rents in my experience, so very worth it.

QuoteIt's mocking the Allies for preaching self-determination while simultaneously holding the reins of other peoples.
Wilson <_< :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

I agree.  Very overrated President who helped set the stage for WWII. :(