News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Seedy wouldn't last 15 minutes in that mod hell environment. The place is just too target rich.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2015, 08:23:43 PM
The thread still exists. I just read it now. :unsure:

That said, I don't think I can return to p'dox OT. Never was quite my style anyhow as I was a Languish native with the Mongolian Scenario who got swept up into all this nonsense. -_-

Oh, that must be some weirdness with my account as I cannot find it in my posts or threads started there.   :hmm:

edit:

Oh I've now found it, odd the thread grew quit a bit during the interregnum and yet the Exiles forum I also visited and posted in was an utter desert in comparison.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 27, 2015, 08:25:58 PM
Seedy wouldn't last 15 minutes in that mod hell environment. The place is just too target rich.

But more than a few of them do need to be taken down a peg or two.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2015, 08:36:37 PM

Which is what happens when there is no one to put them in their place. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2015, 08:40:48 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2015, 08:36:37 PM

Which is what happens when there is no one to put them in their place. :weep:

:hug:

If we had post of the month I'd nominate AR's effort in that thread, rather good:

Alfred Russel 
First Lieutenant

Some remarkable posters managed to get banned on Languish while avoiding such a fate on EUOT.

For those wondering the appeal of languish, it has had an interesting array of people through the years:

-A Swedish expat to Indonesia with multiple wives running a factory. Had a less than savory outlook on the world. Many thought he was a fake personality until he made international news when his workers stormed his office and stabbed him multiple times (it turned out his screen name was his real name).
-A one eyed former bank robber who did a long stint in prison. He suddenly quit posting: maybe he died, maybe he went back to jail. Maybe he lived in a land of the blind and was made king; who knows.
-A devoted Flemish nationalist. He too suddenly quit posting. I'd like to think he died valiantly fighting Walloons in the streets, but more likely he had a stroke after reading francophile commentary.
-A self professed insane man who has spent time in a mental institution and the last decade plus in his parents' basement.
-A career military man formerly of the IDF now in the US military who, from what we can gather, was kicked out of the IDF for his treatment/attitude toward Palestinians.
-A guy who got banned from languish, invented a fake personality with a fake family etc. to sneak back into the forum, and then kept the fake character up for 9 years and thousands of posts. It turned out he had become relatively affluent in real life and taken up mountaineering as a hobby.
-Lettow. You have to be there to believe it.
-A gay black republican.
-The former king of the trolls who stopped trolling and converted to Mormonism.
-Most remarkable of all are the women of languish, who are willing to tolerate epic levels of misogyny.

I'm personally beginning to panic. The forum is still not back up, and the workweek starts tomorrow. What will I do without languish?

garbon

Apart from it being him and then calling me out as part of the freakshow. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Lol, look at AR waving the flag.

mongers

Habbaku

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 27, 2015, 07:46:37 PM
Hey I even tried to post the ip on paradox but was modded.

Some sort of rule against posting links to other forums?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 27, 2015, 09:41:03 PM
Exiles Forum?

Can't post a link at the moment, as I'm in a different browser, but send it later; forum heavily populated by all of four forumnites.  :cool:

edit:
here -
http://z9.invisionfree.com/The_Exiles_Camp/index.php?s=dc46724b8db57159fa35598eb2954abd&act=idx

Eddie Teach

It seemed to consist of Mongers, Testy(Grinning Colossus?) and Raz.

I didn't remember my login info and didn't want to bother with making a new e-mail to register.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 27, 2015, 09:45:59 PM
It seemed to consist of Mongers, Testy(Grinning Colossus?) and Raz.

I didn't remember my login info and didn't want to bother with making a new e-mail to register.  :sleep:

RH I think?

And not forgetting Seigy.

Jos, don't listen to Wiggo, it was far superior to the facebook group.  :D

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2015, 09:50:40 PM
Jos, don't listen to Wiggo, it was far superior to the facebook group.  :D

Eh, I hate the Facebook.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Well, I'm bored of you all now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive