Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Syt

The new symphonic concert hall in Hamburg has a new tentative opening date: 2017 (originally planned: 2010). The costs for the project have risen from an originalbudget of EUR 77 million to over EUR 780 million. Yes, they've increased tenfold.

:lol:

Between this, the new airport in Berlin and the new major railway station in Stuttgart it has been joked that the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall should rather have been used to commemorate the Wall as the last time a major construction project in Germany went smoothly. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2015, 06:36:24 AM
The new symphonic concert hall in Hamburg has a new tentative opening date: 2017 (originally planned: 2010). The costs for the project have risen from an originalbudget of EUR 77 million to over EUR 780 million. Yes, they've increased tenfold.

:lol:

Between this, the new airport in Berlin and the new major railway station in Stuttgart it has been joked that the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall should rather have been used to commemorate the Wall as the last time a major construction project in Germany went smoothly. :P

Wow. That really trumps our recent budgetary fuck-ups. The Eurovision, new trains, the metro city ring doesn't come close to being that misjudged, even if they're all way above budget or delayed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Iormlund

Quote from: DGuller on January 12, 2015, 12:42:08 AM
Sapper!  :)

Same.

Not that much of a surprise considering what I do for a living.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

I got...

Hail O' Hail O' Infantry
Queen of battle follow me
An airborne rangers life for me
O' nothing in this world is free

Ranger school never sounded particularly fun, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

So nobody is on my squad? :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

Pilot.

In reality, drone pilot would be more my thing. ;)

Martinus

So, I have a cold and I bought a new one I haven't tasted before and it tastes weird. Now I am not sure if this is because of the wine or because of my cold.  <_<

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on January 12, 2015, 01:49:06 PM
So, I have a cold and I bought a new one I haven't tasted before and it tastes weird. Now I am not sure if this is because of the wine or because of my cold.  <_<

I think you forgot to put wine in the first sentence. I was like he has a cold and then bought a new one? His colds have a taste? :D

Zanza

2014 was the first time since 1969 that Germany didn't issue new federal loans. Reasons were higher tax revenues and lower interest.