News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on December 24, 2014, 04:32:18 PM
They all have to do with his race, as his race is a major factor fueling the derangement syndrome that causes someone to write that up or eat it up.

Ah, meta-analysis.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 05:05:33 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 24, 2014, 04:32:18 PM
They all have to do with his race, as his race is a major factor fueling the derangement syndrome that causes someone to write that up or eat it up.

Ah, meta-analysis.
Occam's Razor.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 04:21:35 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 24, 2014, 04:11:04 PM
All of that could be condensed to "first black president."

I've only skimmed the list but I didn't see a single one that has to do with his race.

They not like him because he black.  Black people get restless, conservatives alarmed.  Blame president for all bad things, renewed interest in how bad Obama is results in old chain emails making the rounds again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on December 24, 2014, 05:48:10 PM
They not like him because he black.  Black people get restless, conservatives alarmed.  Blame president for all bad things, renewed interest in how bad Obama is results in old chain emails making the rounds again.

Anyone who doesn't like Obama is racist.  I get it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 05:51:15 PM

All claims of distrust of black people are baseless in America.  Got it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

The real question is who is the victim here?  11B4V for being tricked into spreading nonsense, or us to whom the nonsense is spread to?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on December 24, 2014, 06:00:24 PM
All claims of distrust of black people are baseless in America.  Got it.

From where?

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 05:51:15 PM

plenty if people dislike him just because he's a democrat, if that makes you feel better :P From an outsiders perspective the level of dislike appears to be amplified amongst many because he is black.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 24, 2014, 06:02:11 PM
The real question is who is the victim here?  11B4V for being tricked into spreading nonsense, or us to whom the nonsense is spread to?

I thought the whole thing humorous and only scanned it quickly. That's all the time it deserved. So where does that leave you? Mission accomplished. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 04:21:35 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 24, 2014, 04:11:04 PM
All of that could be condensed to "first black president."

I've only skimmed the list but I didn't see a single one that has to do with his race.

I was inferring the reason why people who believe the various untruths on that list are liable to do so.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on December 24, 2014, 07:05:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 24, 2014, 06:02:11 PM

I thought the whole thing humorous and only scanned it quickly. That's all the time it deserved. So where does that leave you? Mission accomplished. :lol:

I'm sure.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on December 24, 2014, 07:13:33 PM
I was inferring the reason why people who believe the various untruths on that list are liable to do so.

Yet you said the whole thing--which includes some true statements, and some ambiguous statements--could be condensed as Obama is black.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 07:17:42 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 24, 2014, 07:13:33 PM

Yet you said the whole thing--which includes some true statements, and some ambiguous statements--could be condensed as Obama is black.

It was a chain email containing 80% falsehoods and 20% misrepresentation of facts (percentages approximate) to paint Obama as an unamerican bumbling outsider. I am comfortable saying that people buying into that are trying to dress up their racist reactions, yes.

Razgovory

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on December 24, 2014, 07:24:06 PM
It was a chain email containing 80% falsehoods and 20% misrepresentation of facts (percentages approximate) to paint Obama as an unamerican bumbling outsider. I am comfortable saying that people buying into that are trying to dress up their racist reactions, yes.

As Hillary pointed out, this is not the first time in American history that a president's political opponents have tried to disseminate untruths or mischaracterizations about him.  The only difference now is that we have a black president. 

Why do you choose to believe that the root cause now is dislike of blacks, rather than whatever wackiness motivated people in the past?