And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I'm an effective communicator. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on December 05, 2014, 06:22:32 PM
My sushi that I ordered on Seamless arrived in 13 minutes.  The sushi place is more than a mile away.  How did they do it?  :huh:

Pre-made rolls.

Josquius

Even made fresh sushi doesn't take long. Its not like you have to cook it.

Or....
All that data you have been feeding into google, facebook, etc... is going towards a complex algorithm that lets take away restaurants predict within a very small margin of error when you will order from them. They can thus begin preparing your order before you even make it. :tinfoil:
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2014, 06:49:52 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 05, 2014, 06:22:32 PM
My sushi that I ordered on Seamless arrived in 13 minutes.  The sushi place is more than a mile away.  How did they do it?  :huh:

Pre-made rolls.

Yeah that'd be my guess too. And the miso soup came out of a big pot, ready to go.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on December 05, 2014, 06:53:50 PM
Or....
All that data you have been feeding into google, facebook, etc... is going towards a complex algorithm that lets take away restaurants predict within a very small margin of error when you will order from them. They can thus begin preparing your order before you even make it. :tinfoil:

Well he's using seamless so it wouldn't have to involve all those sites. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2014, 12:52:27 PM
It seems Italian footballer Mario Balotelli got some bad comments for sharing this:

Yeah. Unlike Jos I think the last line is fairly problematic. But we should move on pretty quickly. There's bigger issues of bigotry in football.

For example Dave Whelan, owner of Wigan, is being investigated by the FA for racist and anti-semitic remarks. I'm not sure he's taking the best approach to defending himself:
QuoteDave Whelan: When I was growing up we used to call the Chinese 'chingalings'
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/05/dave-whelan-wigan-chinese-chingalings
:mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

He doesn't look at all Mexican.

Ed Anger

Balotelli needs to practice scoring and attacking the box instead of twittering.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2014, 08:38:54 PM
He doesn't look at all Mexican.
He's got a tache.

Meanwhile Francois Hollande's on a trip to Kazakhstan :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Since when is clothes-swapping a diplomatic custom? :hmm:

Admiral Yi

How do you know Hollande didn't bring that with him?  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 05, 2014, 09:04:18 PM
Since when is clothes-swapping a diplomatic custom? :hmm:

It's been a crucial custom with all the UN members I've met. :perv:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

What are those, Ferguson PD's new patrol cars?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2014, 08:43:18 PM
Meanwhile Francois Hollande's on a trip to Kazakhstan :mellow:

Hollande...  :rolleyes:
Officially, it's a gift from the Kazakh president.