News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 09:38:35 AM
Actually, deer have such shitty vision, they will walk right past you.  Which is why they're so dangerous at night for cars, and why lazy hunters use floods:  they go to light.

Isn't it illegal in most places to spotlight a deer when hunting?

Anyway, my brother took down his first deer late afternoon yesterday.  My uncle had it field dressed and strung up before he could get a proper pic.  I'm gonna do my Ickey Shuffle when I get my deer steaks & burger.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2014, 03:34:31 PM
Isn't it illegal in most places to spotlight a deer when hunting?

Oh yeah, very illegal.  It's only a fine, but here it can get your hunting license pulled.  You'll see it from time to time anyway, off in the distance where farmland and the wood line meet, pick-up trucks with their headlights and light bars on, waiting in the bed of the truck for Bambi to walk towards the light.  A truly sporting experience for real sporting men, and the chance to kill shit between beers.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 03:31:24 PM
Aren't you married, Beeb? You may want to edit that post.

:huh:

My wife is aware that when she met me I had girlfriends in the past.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

It was the way it was written and I thought.it would be funny.if--

OH NEVER FUCKING MIND.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 03:50:29 PM

OH NEVER FUCKING MIND.

If it makes you feel better, I got it.  :console:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 03, 2014, 03:53:42 PM
I thought.it would be funny.if--

BB's girlfriend was a clown? I agree.

And Captain Canada was afraid of clowns, thus putting stress on their relationship.  Will Barrister Boy choose the woman that he loves, even though she is only a circus clown, or is he willing to sacrifice their love for the greater good of Canada?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 03, 2014, 03:53:42 PM
I thought.it would be funny.if--

BB's girlfriend was a clown? I agree.

Is she supposed to be laughing on the inside while crying on the outside ... or the other way around?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 03:52:38 PM

OH NEVER FUCKING MIND.

If it makes you feel better, I got it.  :console:

I didn't.  Whoosh, I guess :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2014, 04:44:01 PM

BB had an ex-girlfriend.  She dated a guy who later turned out to be gay.   BB is a guy she dated.  IS BB: THAT GAY GUY?

I dunno, guess you had to be there.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

BB had an ex-girlfriend.  She dated a guy who later turned out to be gay.   BB is a guy she dated.  IS BB: THAT GAY GUY?

She was her sister?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

No. BB said "several years ago, my girlfriend...". As he didn't say ex-girlfriend, that could indicate they were still together. As Brain says, it was her sister that dated a gay guy.

Edit- actually it was "A long time ago, my girlfriend's sister". Which is still ambiguous regarding current status of relationship.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Ideologue

The point is, Jacob thinks I suck, and he's right.

Edit: what I mean is, Jacob thinks I am in the process of achieving my potential, but I'm just not there yet, and he's right. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)