News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on December 02, 2014, 05:50:47 PM
I divide my officers into four classes: the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!"

—General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

:cool:

Martinus

What about those who are clever and stupid? Or industrious and lazy? Or was General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord so stupid he could not express himself properly? :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on December 03, 2014, 05:54:37 AM
What about those who are clever and stupid?

They post on the internet.

QuoteOr industrious and lazy?

They play MMOs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2014, 07:16:38 PM
Honest question: what's the point of cammo gear when you have to wear dayglo on top of it?

Reminds me of a pic I saw on the cover of an old hunting mag - two happy hunters with a dead buck, wearing fake deer outfits presumably used to sneak up on the deer they shot.

Thinking 'very clever - to go out hunting in hunting season wearing a deer outfit. What could possibly go wrong?'  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on December 03, 2014, 09:23:27 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2014, 07:16:38 PM
Honest question: what's the point of cammo gear when you have to wear dayglo on top of it?

Reminds me of a pic I saw on the cover of an old hunting mag - two happy hunters with a dead buck, wearing fake deer outfits presumably used to sneak up on the deer they shot.

Thinking 'very clever - to go out hunting in hunting season wearing a deer outfit. What could possibly go wrong?'  ;)

Actually, deer have such shitty vision, they will walk right past you.  Which is why they're so dangerous at night for cars, and why lazy hunters use floods:  they go to light.

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on December 02, 2014, 05:50:47 PM
I divide my officers into four classes: the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!"

—General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord
:yeah:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on December 03, 2014, 05:08:31 AM
I don't want to sound dismissive but I really hate how some gay people these days describe their childhood experiences as if they were Holocaust survivors. So, you were called names? Other people were called names for other stuff too. Jesus.

Gay people who had any kind of regular sex with girls when younger make me want to bathe San Francisco in white phosphorous.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on December 03, 2014, 05:08:31 AM
I don't want to sound dismissive but...

You have some work to do on your communication skills, then.

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 03:07:58 PM
Gay people who had any kind of regular sex with girls when younger make me want to bathe San Francisco in white phosphorous.

:huh:

Ideologue

Well, the one gay guy I know who did was really smug about it.

I guess that's not positive. Gay guys who had regular sex with girls probably had a lot of issues going on, and were very confused. I pity them. Imagine if I had to have a lot of sex with guys to find out I was straight. San Francisco is a beautiful city filled with all sorts of intetesting people.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 03:26:36 PM

I guess that's not positive. Gay guys who had regular sex with girls probably had a lot of issues going on, and were very confused. I pity them. Imagine if I had to have a lot of sex with guys to find out I was straight. San Francisco is a beautiful city filled with all sorts of intetesting people.

A long time ago, my girlfriend's sister was dating a guy I went to high school with (though didn't know well).  This was only in 1st or 2nd year university.

But then he came out as gay.  Everyone was very confused and a little bit hurt about the situation.  I don't think it's anything to feel jealous about.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Feck.
Tried to go to the pub to watch the Sunderland game.
They had it written on the board outside.
Turns out they were showing every game BUT that one <_<

QuoteGay people who had any kind of regular sex with girls when younger make me want to bathe San Francisco in white phosphorous.
I don't know about having had lots of sex....but certainly a large number of guys who I knew when they were younger and turned out to be gay (not exactly a large sample, but there are a few) tended to be the guys who had 'girlfriends' before the age where I gave a crap one way or the other.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Aren't you married, Beeb? You may want to edit that post.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 03:26:36 PM

How about you not fall in love with every pair of panties you score on Craigslist first like a goddamned 13 year old, before you start casting stones at how others deal with their intimacy issues?  Fuck already.