News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 24, 2014, 09:01:35 PM
Truly fit for a king, or any royal personage.

Unfortunately she was a nurse and not a nutritionist, so my mother's idea of making my father and I lose weight isn't about eating right, but eating less.  Pigeons don't eat portions so small.  And since I'm tired of going to bed hungry, I supplement now and then.   :lol:

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2014, 09:03:16 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 24, 2014, 08:56:29 PM
Actually, that's not accurate.  It's that I didn't read his editorial content above the map.

I suspect it's rooted in your ideological bias.

Yeah, but I would admit to it.

I actually would've said more or less the same thing if I'd read Money's. :hug:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2014, 09:04:31 PM

Unfortunately she was a nurse and not a nutritionist, so my mother's idea of making my father and I lose weight isn't about eating right, but eating less.  Pigeons don't eat portions so small.  And since I'm tired of going to bed hungry, I supplement now and then.   :lol:

Wasn't there a Languishite arguing that it doesn't matter what kind of calories you eat, but weight loss was only a matter of calories in vs. calories out?  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 24, 2014, 09:15:11 PM
Wasn't there a Languishite arguing that it doesn't matter what kind of calories you eat, but weight loss was only a matter of calories in vs. calories out?  :P

:mellow:

Eddie Teach

That's true, but some foods require less calories consumed to convince your stomach it's had enough.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

So anyway, I arrive at a red light late this afternoon, ahead of the other traffic.  In the distance of my rear view mirror, coming out of the setting sun are three motorcycles in standard wedge formation.  As they grow closer and larger, I can make out through the shimmering heat off their pipes wide-bodied bikes, fatboys and softails.  Those little black barely-legal helmets, bottle capping wide jowls with long beards.  Straight out of Central Casting.

Boss Biker pulls up, and he's got a massive speaker rig on his land yacht.  What's he blasting?  Motorhead?  Danzig?  Priest?

Alanis. Fucking. Morissette.  Of course, and why not.  You Oughta Know.

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2014, 09:29:16 PM
So anyway, I arrive at a red light late this afternoon, ahead of the other traffic.  In the distance of my rear view mirror, coming out of the setting sun are three motorcycles in standard wedge formation.  As they grow closer and larger, I can make out through the shimmering heat off their pipes wide-bodied bikes, fatboys and softails.  Those little black barely-legal helmets, bottle capping wide jowls with long beards.  Straight out of Central Casting.

Boss Biker pulls up, and he's got a massive speaker rig on his land yacht.  What's he blasting?  Motorhead?  Danzig?  Priest?

LOL
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

I think King Christian IV made that argument.

(Not a bad pun, Ide.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: Savonarola on November 24, 2014, 09:44:05 PM

I think King Christian IV made that argument.

(Not a bad pun, Ide.)

He also circumcised himself. What a maroon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: alfred russel on November 24, 2014, 09:45:10 PM
I also made it.  :homestar:

So I can eat all my calories as ice cream, and I will be fine?  :w00t:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2014, 09:29:16 PM

Well you oughta.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 24, 2014, 10:12:14 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 24, 2014, 09:45:10 PM
I also made it.  :homestar:

So I can eat all my calories as ice cream, and I will be fine?  :w00t:
Can we go through what's exactly wrong with this?

I mean vitamins and roughage, but what else? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

Muscle loss from lack of protein, vitamin deficiency, jacked up metabolism always wanting sugary shit all the time, etc.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers