News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

QuoteAnd another resident, councilor, and human who lives on this Earth, Hanna Jachimska, apparently blames Winnie's creator, Alan Alexander Milne: "This is very disturbing but can you imagine! The author was over 60 and cut his [Pooh's] testicles off with a razor blade because he had a problem with his identity."
That is very disturbing :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

If he did that to Pooh, imagine what happened to Christopher Robin.

DGuller

How hard would it have been for the animators to draw some genitalia on Winnie?  That would've avoided that whole problem.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on November 22, 2014, 10:58:15 AM
How hard would it have been for the animators to draw some genitalia on Winnie?  That would've avoided that whole problem.

Pretty easy, see the classic cock and ball graffiti.

I was going to post a googled image of the graffiti, but god damn that search turns up some nasty images.   :x
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2014, 05:37:51 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 22, 2014, 04:25:04 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2014, 03:36:08 AM
Poland: Like Texas, Only Without Oil.

And tacos, burritos, chili, nachos, salsa... :mmm:

On the subject of cartoon animal realism:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oiUwTJLnms

Tex-Mex restaurants are dime a dozen in Warsaw. :P

:lol: :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I've been wondering recently why I'm so tired, I think I've found a reason, generally it seems to be people that tire me out; having to deal with family, solve their various problems, dealing with official/business people, I find all of this rather physically tiring.  :(

Though I guess it's the little stresses dealing with people that make me tired, rather than doing the things/work with them. 

I'm sorta coming around to the idea, that I like my own company a lot and solitude is to be sought after.  :cool:

Admiral Yi

Life is a backpack*; the trick is to empty out the backpack as much as possible.

*Or rucksack as you say in your country.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2014, 03:51:18 PM
Life is a backpack*; the trick is to empty out the backpack as much as possible.

*Or rucksack as you say in your country.

:cheers:

Oh it's a nice line and the sentiment isn't bad, but family responsibilities do tend to creep up on you, don't they.

Eddie Teach

Life is a highway; I want to ride it all night long.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on November 22, 2014, 03:53:33 PM

Oh it's a nice line and the sentiment isn't bad, but family responsibilities do tend to creep up on you, don't they.

FYI it's a paraphrase of a line from a George Clooney movie (can't remember if it's Up in the Air or Intolerable Cruelty; I think the former).  It's a metaphor for a life totally devoid of human attachment, which at the end of the movie George realizes is the whole point of life.

So in a nutshell I was being ironic.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2014, 04:03:56 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 22, 2014, 03:53:33 PM

FYI it's a paraphrase of a line from a George Clooney movie (can't remember if it's Up in the Air or Intolerable Cruelty; I think the former).  It's a metaphor for a life totally devoid of human attachment, which at the end of the movie George realizes is the whole point of life.

So in a nutshell I was being ironic.

OK, then.

But it certainly isn't the whole point of life.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Awesome.

Where is that, China?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point