Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Yeah, they are nice.  Pretty colors.

garbon

Yeah unlike what NY did recently to our driver's licenses. :weep:

And colors are actually more washed out than the image suggests.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

What's the white one?
Immigrant passport? Who gets that? Assylum seekers?
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: alfred russel on November 18, 2014, 09:23:21 PM
In Dallas they sort of have different seasons. Football dominates all, but they do have the Mavericks and the Rangers (For someone wanting to experience different seasons, I can't in good conscience mention a place where one of them is Houston Astros baseball). They also have the LHN.

It could be a compromise.

We have Hot as Fuck, Nice Week #1, Cold as Fuck, and Nice Week #2.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Brazen on November 19, 2014, 09:00:37 AM
Here minimum wage for over 21s is £6.50 ($10.19) and a Big Mac is £2.59 ($4.06). Interesting :hmm:

How many people over 21 are working at McDonalds there?  The one I get my coffee from is at least half college students, bolstered by high school students in the summer.

Additionally, as others have noted a Big Mac costs much less than $4.62.

mongers

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 20, 2014, 03:31:06 PM
In Dallas they sort of have different seasons. Football dominates all, but they do have the Mavericks and the Rangers (For someone wanting to experience different seasons, I can't in good conscience mention a place where one of them is Houston Astros baseball). They also have the LHN.

You know judging by the comments here and in the weather thread, this continental stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on November 20, 2014, 03:35:40 PM

You know judging by the comments here and in the weather thread, this continental stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be.  :bowler:

Aw come on. Everyone loves the weather in Toronto.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 20, 2014, 03:31:06 PM

I feel confident in suggesting that Dallas doesn't get anywhere near "Cold as Fuck" weather.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

One other thing to note in the Great Big Mac Controversy is that many (most?) states have a minimum wage higher than the national minimum wage.

Admiral Yi

Fun factoid form the NYT: the Stanley Steamer set a land speed record of 127 mph.  It also cost 8 times as much as a Model T.

Incidentally, I noticed the NYT refers to itself as "The Times."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Barrister on November 20, 2014, 03:38:07 PM
I feel confident in suggesting that Dallas doesn't get anywhere near "Cold as Fuck" weather.

In the absolute sense, no.  In contrast to the summer temperatures, though, it is.  It is even worse when Nice Week X is preceded by a 50°F temperature drop in less than 24 hours.

CountDeMoney

Too many goddamned tornadoes.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2014, 03:38:32 PM
One other thing to note in the Great Big Mac Controversy is that many (most?) states have a minimum wage higher than the national minimum wage.

In addition, Australia has an age-graduated minimum wage while the US has a universal minimum wage.  Personally, I think we need to make our minimum wage age-graduated as well.  I think it is equally ridiculous to allow a business to only pay an adult $7.25/hour and to make them pay a high school student $10.50/hour.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt