News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2014, 11:18:25 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 15, 2014, 11:15:07 AM

More like 60-70. 10k = 6.1 miles

Off the top of my head, 1 mile= 1.60934 km, well that's the figure I use.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

The Swedish mile is 10 km. The traditional Swedish mile is a little bit longer, but not much.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I'm not sure what to do tonight. Its raining and I don't want to deal with humans but sitting around at home is dull. :hmm:
Tempted to buy the new football manager as terrible as buying games full price is anyway, let alone over steam.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Quote from: DGuller on November 15, 2014, 10:39:09 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on November 15, 2014, 04:58:43 AM
First time on an Autobahn a couple days ago. It took a while to get used to hunt for speed signs and brake from 220+ km/h when you see one.  :lol:
:mad:

I was using a company car, too. No need to pay for gas. :)

It was a Passat SW, a couple years old at most. I liked it. Would've been nice if it had been a CC with a sequential gearbox, but you can't always get what you want.

Admiral Yi

How many relatives back in Spain are you supporting with your gigantische teutonischer pay check Iorm?

Iormlund

:lol:

Thankfully no relative of mine has to be supported. My folks, like other middle-class baby-boomers were making absurdly high amounts of money just because of seniority (and were immune to lay off). My bro is making twice as much in Berlin as he did in Madrid.

In any case, while I enjoy a salary above most in Spain, I don't make that much money when you take into account how many hours I work. But I'm getting a lot of opportunities here, so I'll persevere until I can get something that pays better/has better work conditions.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Iormlund on November 15, 2014, 04:58:43 AM
First time on an Autobahn a couple days ago. It took a while to get used to hunt for speed signs and brake from 220+ km/h when you see one.  :lol:

when I get my Challenger Hellcat, I will get to 0.5 worp.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

Can those things actually take bends now?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Holidays make people horny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

I always knew my birthday was rare because the only famous person who shares it is Ann Widdecombe :cry:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I like how it seems parents have been considerate enough not to have sex in the 9 months before those 4 days around christmas.
██████
██████
██████

PDH

Millard Fillmore and I share our birthday.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2014, 03:56:18 PM
I like how it seems parents have been considerate enough not to have sex in the 9 months before those 4 days around christmas.

Could be "less common" means 98 babies to every 100 "more common" gets for all you know.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?