The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2014, 03:04:53 PM
I'll be at Chess King.

I bet you still have your "piano keys" skinny tie.

Ed Anger

I still have my Members Only tan jacket.

God, I looked good in that jacket.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2014, 07:03:49 PM
I still have my Members Only tan jacket.

God, I looked good in that jacket.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on November 10, 2014, 12:30:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2014, 09:14:28 AM
How hot is Vienna water ?!

Water doesn't have to be very hot to severely burn.

Back when I worked as an EMT, I saw a lady that was diabetic and had poor sensation in her extremeties. She drew a bath with very hot water, but didn't realize how hot it was until she got in (because of diminished sense of touch). She basically had 2nd degree burns over her entire body.
Wow, I had no idea! :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 11, 2014, 01:16:37 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 10, 2014, 12:30:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2014, 09:14:28 AM
How hot is Vienna water ?!

Water doesn't have to be very hot to severely burn.

Back when I worked as an EMT, I saw a lady that was diabetic and had poor sensation in her extremeties. She drew a bath with very hot water, but didn't realize how hot it was until she got in (because of diminished sense of touch). She basically had 2nd degree burns over her entire body.
Wow, I had no idea! :o

About which part! :o

Valmy

I am astounded by this new revelation  :o
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

The European Courts have decided: Germany can refuse to pay welfare to EU citizens if they only came to Germany for said welfare, or to look for work.

Also a statistic: since the beginning of the year, a net amount of 100,000 people have moved to Germany from Bulgaria and Romania alone.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2014, 05:20:35 AM
The European Courts have decided: Germany can refuse to pay welfare to EU citizens if they only came to Germany for said welfare, or to look for work.

Also a statistic: since the beginning of the year, a net amount of 100,000 people have moved to Germany from Bulgaria and Romania alone.
That's pretty much the result the UK is after. No compromise over free movement or disastrous voting to leave the EU required.

Syt

Austria does it differently. Even as EU citizen you have three months to show that you can support yourself (either through a job, or through personal wealth). Otherwise you're supposed to GTFO.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Brazen on November 11, 2014, 05:46:18 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2014, 05:20:35 AM

That's pretty much the result the UK is after. No compromise over free movement or disastrous voting to leave the EU required.

I have a feeling this decision will not get much publicity here, though. Not by UKIP and the Tory radicals at least, because if this is given due attention, they would need to stop shrilling about the EU ruinering Britain.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2014, 05:50:42 AM
Austria does it differently. Even as EU citizen you have three months to show that you can support yourself (either through a job, or through personal wealth). Otherwise you're supposed to GTFO.
That's allowed under EU law. It's something that was looked at here. But, like Schengen, it's a bit difficult in a country without ID cards or any form of national registration.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on November 11, 2014, 06:19:13 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2014, 01:43:07 AM
I am astounded by this new revelation  :o
Monstrous! :o

Guys, Dorsey told us about being an EMT ten years ago...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 11, 2014, 05:57:48 AM
I have a feeling this decision will not get much publicity here, though. Not by UKIP and the Tory radicals at least, because if this is given due attention, they would need to stop shrilling about the EU ruinering Britain.
It's lead story on the BBC, Guardian and Telegraph.

Though I doubt it'll be enough.
Let's bomb Russia!