News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I want a bluray player for black friday, hope I get a good sale on the LG BPs.

Also a videocard would be nice but I have little hope.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

My last blu ray player from LG was 60EUR, and it's now two or three years old. I guess I might look into upgrading, as the network functions are a bit slow.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

I have eye on the BP540 model, it's 120$ in Canada.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2014, 09:14:28 AM
How hot is Vienna water ?!

Water doesn't have to be very hot to severely burn.

Back when I worked as an EMT, I saw a lady that was diabetic and had poor sensation in her extremeties. She drew a bath with very hot water, but didn't realize how hot it was until she got in (because of diminished sense of touch). She basically had 2nd degree burns over her entire body.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Quote from: alfred russel on November 10, 2014, 12:30:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2014, 09:14:28 AM
How hot is Vienna water ?!

Water doesn't have to be very hot to severely burn.

Back when I worked as an EMT, I saw a lady that was diabetic and had poor sensation in her extremeties. She drew a bath with very hot water, but didn't realize how hot it was until she got in (because of diminished sense of touch). She basically had 2nd degree burns over her entire body.

I kinda have that problem. My kids basically take their bath to water I consider cold, to them it's hot.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2014, 12:30:47 PM

Dunno about the 540, but I can get the 6xx line for under EUR 100, it seems (70-90).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on November 10, 2014, 12:36:53 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2014, 12:30:47 PM

Dunno about the 540, but I can get the 6xx line for under EUR 100, it seems (70-90).

From what I understand of this model numbering, 5xx & 6xx are the same line. Same models, one Europe, one for NA.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2014, 12:33:48 PM
I kinda have that problem. My kids basically take their bath to water I consider cold, to them it's hot.

That's just an adult-kid thing.  My kids act like lukewarm water is scalding.  Then they insist on playing in the bathtub until the water is ice cold.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on November 10, 2014, 12:40:01 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

That's just an adult-kid thing.  My kids act like lukewarm water is scalding.  Then they insist on playing in the bathtub until the water is ice cold.

Yeah, I think kids are more sensitive to hot water, and get progressively desensitized to higher temperatures as they get older. That was my experience anyhow.

CountDeMoney

Hot water = bath = bedtime
Cold water = pool!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2014, 10:30:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2014, 10:18:56 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2014, 10:12:28 PM
I love antique malls. I like to get old signs for my dad.

It's hilarious to see all the tupperware and kitchen appliances, and get flashbacks to 1974.

I had to explain what a Percolator was to my wife.

I used one of those the year I lived on campus.

The Brain

Water is an excellent coolant, which makes it an excellent burnant.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Patrons at a leather bar.

CountDeMoney

They're mall cops.  Gotta be an Orange Julius nearby.